Brembo RCS Master Cylinder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went ahead and fitted the Brembo RCS brake lever and its great, just waiting on the clutch lever now to match......

I get more feel and feedback through the lever and its adjustable for reach and power.

It made me a lot more confident when hard on the brakes on my GSXR and has done the same, all be it not quite as much, on the BMW. I probably wouldn't have fitted one if it hadn't worked so well on the Suzuki but when its sat in the garage doing nothing why not :)

I get more feel and feedback through the lever and its adjustable for reach and power.

It made me a lot more confident when hard on the brakes on my GSXR and has done the same, all be it not quite as much, on the BMW. I probably wouldn't have fitted one if it hadn't worked so well on the Suzuki but when its sat in the garage doing nothing why not :)

Actually you get less feel/feedback with the brembo due to the ratios of the master/slave cylinders and the fact you have to pull the lever less distance for the same braking effect.

But agree its better on the bike than sat in the garage :)

Actually you get less feel/feedback with the brembo due to the ratios of the master/slave cylinders and the fact you have to pull the lever less distance for the same braking effect.

But agree its better on the bike than sat in the garage :)

Ok boss.....

Other than the bling aspect I don't see the feel being much of an advantage, with the ABS you can pull on the lever as hard as you like.

yeah but ride it hard on track all day and by the afternoon it will be as spongey as a fairy cake :)

Brembo rocks

Last edited:
That's more to do with the brake fluid than the master cylinder though ?

Two things: no point talking about the relative "feel" of a braking system unless you've felt it: ride with proper m/c , hard , on track- forget road, not remotely relevant to the subject matter, and comparing standard to the "proper" aftermarket ones- you would want one every time:

ABS- again , not relevant, we're not talking about the fact that theoretically you can pull hard on the lever and they won't lock on you, but the fact that no braking system can overcome physics...

- brake "firmly" with or without ABS and with standard or any other m/c or braking system, whilst pushing-on,at varied lean angles and the mere forces in all planes could and do have an effect on "feel"..... through the lever, through your bumcheeks and through the contact patches keeping you going forwards and not sideways......allowing deep braking through turn -in and reduced pressure towards the apex......

None of its an exact science, it's all very subjective, what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another, however,walk around any race paddock, club race,National race series,doesn't matter....you will see a very consistent theme, and they are not OEM, racers scrimp and scrape and bodge and adapt in many areas - brakes are never that area....just my take on it.

I only ride on the road in the dry and do all my braking before the corners, slow in fast out, failed O level physics too :).

In which case ,pauly , you've just saved yourself some money , there is a straightforward equation ( sorry, more physics ,I know, but this one is REALLY simple ) .....you will be unlikely to derive any benefit from an aftermarket m/c if the middle of your tyres wear out before the sides , you just will not need one .

:) I've ridden 1000 cc sports bike for over 30 years now, 30 of those like a nutter probably. TBH I'm not interested in trying to prove anything to anyone anymore.

I applaud your decision and I congratulate you on your history- ride safe and enjoy, however,wherever,whenever.

Two things: no point talking about the relative "feel" of a braking system unless you've felt it: ride with proper m/c , hard , on track- forget road, not remotely relevant to the subject matter, and comparing standard to the "proper" aftermarket ones- you would want one every time:

ABS- again , not relevant, we're not talking about the fact that theoretically you can pull hard on the lever and they won't lock on you, but the fact that no braking system can overcome physics...

- brake "firmly" with or without ABS and with standard or any other m/c or braking system, whilst pushing-on,at varied lean angles and the mere forces in all planes could and do have an effect on "feel"..... through the lever, through your bumcheeks and through the contact patches keeping you going forwards and not sideways......allowing deep braking through turn -in and reduced pressure towards the apex......

None of its an exact science, it's all very subjective, what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another, however,walk around any race paddock, club race,National race series,doesn't matter....you will see a very consistent theme, and they are not OEM, racers scrimp and scrape and bodge and adapt in many areas - brakes are never that area....just my take on it.

:)

Latest posts

Back