Upgrading Brembo calipers on ?18 would mess up the ABS?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHaveAnRR

Reaction score
True? Brembo says changing the calipers would mean different brake fluid volume and therefore mess up the ABS settings, which is based on stock calipers?s fluid volume.

Any real world experiences on this?

Cheers

dont see why it be any different than any other bike running ABS. the systems (as far i know) as all basically the same,unless the 18 bike montors flow/volume rate at the ABS pump, but i find that hard to see.

however, if you are changing calipers,then you do need a suitable m/c (different ratio) for said calipers wouldbe advisable

Should not have mentioned ??18?. I meant for all models. Brembo is saying explicitly that changing calipers from stock/OEM to non-stock/OEM will mess the ABS. Brembo says it?s because of different brake fluid volume

Yes they would caution against, its to indemnify them against a lawsuit. If you are seriously injured/die and the ABS system failing was somehow involved they will use this as evidence you bought it knowing it was not recommended by them.

Literally no one will 'recommend' you swap to non-OEM calipers with ABS still in place. But do they work, yeah, they are fine. The M/C still needs matching to the piston size/displacement.

Latest posts

Back