Bought a clocked S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just come to my attention that my S1krr has been clocked, I bought this motorcycle from a dealer about half a year ago, Just wondering if I have any comeback?

Cheers

I've got no experience of this, but I'd assume if the dealer has a good reputation, and wants to keep it, then they'll offer *some* assistance. I do believe, however, that on most 2nd hand vehicles, the dealer always states the mileage cannot be warranted... Unless they did say that, in which case I'd say you have a corner to fight.

Many more details required but assuming the dealer supplied HPI check then there is a route there for compensation. You will need to do your homework though.

Would also be interested in knowing how you know and how I/we can check ours and what sort of accuracy there is with this...I would have assumed BMW would have some pretty fancy trickery to stop this stuff happening...?

I am of the understanding BMW can plug it in and read all the mileage and any discrepancy can clearly be seen

I think if you check the ECU (with GS911) it gives the mileage in KM and the clock is in miles so will be a discrepancy. mine was a bit out after doing the conversion

How do you know it's been clocked? If you put a set of clocks with lower mileage on the bike the mileage would flash to highlight a discrepancy between the clocks and the bmsk unit

Why even post this? No facts, no method, no time to answer questions it seems... might as well have written Aliens took my bike. :shrug:

Sorry if this seems harsh, I just don't get why people post things without details and walk away.

Last edited:
Why even post this? No facts, no method, no time to answer questions it seems... might as well have written Aliens took my bike. :shrug:

Sorry if this seems harsh, I just don't get why people post things without details and walk away.
Perhaps they clocked it

Are we trying to put people off from contributing on the forum? I ask this as the person that started this thread posted a comment regarding clocking. Fantastically several forum members have replied to help and have requested further information. Less than 24 hours had passed before negative comments had been added about his/her post. Please give the person a chance to reply, not everyone looks on here on a daily basis. I understand they are the person that has started the thread, but maybe they have been put off by providing an update due to adverse comments that have been added. I also note this person has contributed on many posts and even been thanked for their contributions. It's a brilliant forum and thanks to the great people that run it.

I don't want to stop comments and posts, but I find it a bit like someone walking into a room - blurting something out and walking back out again. I think it's rude to post and not bother to stick around for the initial to and fro of conversation. I do appreciate everyone is busy...but others are kind enough to respond to the OP's post and then nothing, now 36hrs later. I think if you chose to open a thread you have a duty to also check in on it within few hours and at least acknowledge the responses as a courtesy to those who have.

Last edited:
It's very simple guys.

The forum is self service. You get back what you put in.

Members go offline for all sorts of reasons, such is life. Chill out folks :).

Hi guys, Sorry I usually post a lot and quick with replies but hey ho I'm back now....Yes it was clocked I looked into it further, contacted dealer I bought it from and I'm sending the bike back.

Thank you.

Hi guys, Sorry I usually post a lot and quick with replies but hey ho I'm back now....Yes it was clocked I looked into it further, contacted dealer I bought it from and I'm sending the bike back.

Thank you.

Out of interest how did you find out it had been clocked?

Thank you.

Glad you have the issue being dealt with Ben. Hopefully you'll be out on a new steed soon.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back