BMW Track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing a S go down and the resulting mashed casings I went straight out and bought some GB case savers!

Well I just attended my second one and it was a lot of fun, experienced riders probably won't learn much but for novices it is quite informative and if the weather is good more fun than a standard track day.

Well I just attended my second one and it was a lot of fun, experienced riders probably won't learn much but for novices it is quite informative and if the weather is good more fun than a standard track day.

Where did you do this one Jovie, and in what way did it differ from the Silverstone event couple of months ago?

yes you are until the last session but if you want to learn then this is what its designed for, if you are an experianced track day rider this is not for you. but with a two times moto GP world champion and a world super sport rider you not going to get any better instruction

Enjoyed my day with Tommy Hill & James Hayden. Tried to hard on the small pit bikes and washed the front out all good fun though.

Did my own thing on the last session just held back a touch in fear of losing my £700 damage waiver.

Glad it was free though I'd be pissed if I'd spent £500 on it.

Did Donington Park on 27 August. Perfect day weather wise. We had Niall McKenzie, Tommy Hill and Michael Rutter. I was in Rutter's group, what a great guy, really friendly and easy to chat to. Got my kneee down on the pit lane bikes, but not quite on the track as I was on my own bike and had to ride it home afterwards! Just didn't want to risk that extra bit of lean! Had the TC light coming on round Coppice. Didn't know until I saw the light flashing! The system is really smooth, apart from the light you wouldn't know it was working. Craner curves is an awesome bit of track, takes your breath away the first time you ride down there. The only thing I could criticise was there were about 3/4 BMW "technicians" there in the morning (they'd dissapeared by lunchtime) who supposedly were there to answer any questions, but they didn't speak to any of us, just kept to themselves. They gave the impression that they didn't want to help, but that could be just me as I didn't exactly rush to ask them anything either. But in the morning you're not really sure waht to ask, it might have been better if they were there in the afternoon once we'd had a bit of track time. Wished I'd done my lap timer but was so concentrated about getting round the track, completely forgot about it! Next time!

Hi guys I have managed to get one booked for the 8th at silverstone, I have my first service next week and am undecided weather to fit my full akropovic system "long can, ti system with baffle" before the day? Anyone got any experience with these training days and running afull race system? Don't want to get kicked off before I start :)

Hi guys I have managed to get one booked for the 8th at silverstone, I have my first service next week and am undecided weather to fit my full akropovic system "long can, ti system with baffle" before the day? Anyone got any experience with these training days and running afull race system? Don't want to get kicked off before I start :)

When I went to Silverstone t he guys who were using there own bikes just followed convoy with the rental bikes didn't even get noise tested so I wouldn't worry. James Hayden was on the FE HP4 with the same system and I couldn't hear it over any of the bikes.

It was ok! I got mine free with the bike and paid £200 for hire! If I'd paid for both near on £500 I wouldn't be so ok with it!!

Handling bikes are good throw ya arse off the seat get knee down I binned one!
The stabilizer bike was ok didn't bother with my second session on that had done enough
Track sessions are good you are in high viz behind instructor follow lines the circuit is huge you feel lost on your last session still (guess different if you been round before)..

One moan, if you have a S1000RR you get a session on the HP4 I didn't and was never offered the instructors were always on it.

Personally there's money better spent getting one on one with a instructor for the day but then it's not the BMW track & training day.

Impressed you got on to the Silverstone one. I wanted to go there when I booked 4 weeks ago and they said the only one that had space was Donington on 24th. Might ask them if I can move it

I'm guessing it's now worth taking tyre warmers??

I wouldn't bother you won't get anywhere near that pace your not in the pits either you are in a area of the infield the size of a supermarket car park think a genny running would piss everybody off lol

Latest posts

Back