BMW Track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien6872

Reaction score
Any body done a BMW track day event. If so how was it? Also Donnington or Silverstone? Would welcome any feed back. Cheers!

I've just bookede the 8th at Silverstone, so I suppose Beamish will feedback first.
I hope it's woth it for the price!!

BMW Motorrad are doing an offer of a voucher for a free BMW track day on all S1000RR's sold between Jan and April :)

What is the benefit of a "BMW" track day over and above a standard track day??

You get to hang out with beardy blokes with pipes.

Seriously you are insured if its a pucka BMW day

What they say.
The BMW Motorrad track and training day includes instruction from one of three star riders: WSBK champion Neil Hodgson, ex-GP rider Niall Mackenzie or TT and BSB rider Steve Plater. By the end of the day, riders will be more confident, feel more connected with the RR and be better able to make the most of their motorcycle in day to day riding.

With plenty of track time guaranteed, S1000 RR owners, or those choosing to hire one for the day’s riding, will have the opportunity to improve their riding skills while learning how to make the most of the RR’s state of the art Dynamic Traction Control and Race ABS in controlled environments. In addition, owners of other models of motorcycle will be given the opportunity to try out a 2013 BMWS1000 RR Sport for a 20 minute taster session.

Each track and training day experience will cover three main key areas: building confidence on track, body positioning, and using the RR’s cutting edge traction control and ABS systems. As well as learning from the experts during engaging one to one instruction, riders will have the opportunity to put this, and more, into practice during the three instructed sessions on the track and three sessions on a dedicated body-positioning loop.
The BMW Race Support Team will be on hand to offer expert technical advice, from tyre choice and pressure to suspension set up, modifications and the vast range of BMW HP parts available for the S1000 RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it free with my bike so I will let you know when I have done it. 100% covered on insurance, I even went over the fine print looking for exclusions!

Hey Beamish - Any chance you could post or PM the contact details.

Cheers

Where exactly can you receive the voucher I purchased mine last month from BMW Military sales?

Yep, just got back from donny. Great day, only two of us blasting round with Steve Plater. You do some fun stuff on dirt bikes with road tyres and use a lean bike ( not really of use for any advanced guys but fun all the same). Guy I was with was v quick ( upper fast group) but I did ok as it was my first Donny day. BMW is awesome, quickest bike on there and only when we were out with the fast group did I get taken by a couple of guys. It really flatters the rider and it was a cold day the abs was kicking in going into Melbourne ! Basically you go out in any group whenever your instructor decides and are treated a bit special ( probably got some envy from the guys who were out on the normal session day)Bad points...... I lowsided on the last session :0( my mistake by clipping the curb with the front coming onto the start finish straight. Shit happens, not enough damage to claim on insurance only left casing and clutch lever/ indicator. No fairing damage at all!
Oh yeh food included.

Sounds like you had a good day fella - sorry to hear you dumped the bike and a shitter it was in last session - but damage sounds minimal.

Just priced up all that is required and without oil and filter I am 300 quid out of pocket. Cheaper than fitting crash protection! Lol

Back