BMW Track and training events with FE

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovie

Reaction score
HI all,
After my poor experience with the above I am compiling feedback for these events.
If anyone has been to the events if you could pm me and I will send you a short feedback form.
The more responses I receive the more accurate my feedback can be.
Thanks

HI all,
After my poor experience with the above I am compiling feedback for these events.
If anyone has been to the events if you could pm me and I will send you a short feedback form.
The more responses I receive the more accurate my feedback can be.
Thanks

Jovie - It's likely I'll be going on one of these soon. Would you mind telling me why you were so disappointed?

What were your expectations? What actually happened?

Let me know buddy,

Cheers,

Nick.

So have you spoken to FE or BMW and informed them that it was not what was advertised and that you would like your money back or go on a different course with another instructor?

Who was your instructor?
How many sessions did you get?
Did they insist you ride the 125s or cornering bike?
Did you get a session on the HP4?
What group were you in?

More important-did they feed you?!

A quick layout of your day would be handy.

I've ridden with Neil Hodgson and Niall MacKenzie before and found them helpful.

As I said before,if I'm not happy I'll just do the normal trackday.I am not particularly interested in riding a 125 or a f800(especially one with stabilisers!)I probably wouldn't have done the BMW day but,as it came free with the bike,we'll see.

Hi all
Just bought an HP4 assuming there was a Track and Training Day with it. They told me it was for the s1000rr only. when i said it was an s1000rr with extras they told me it was a different spec. gutted !

I bought a brand new s1000rr in January but it was pre redged in December and I was also told I don't qualify

I bought a brand new s1000rr in January but it was pre redged in December and I was also told I don't qualify

Tell them,that's bollocks.I bought a pre-reg (reg.Oct)last October with free Trackday.I was told all recall bikes were given one.Since then BMW advertised one with all bikes sold before April 2013,and I think they still do.You may need to take it up with BMW UK.Your dealer probably kept it for himself!
My voucher came from Jason Thorne at BMW Motorrad UK(BMW Motorrad Marketing Assistant).

Seems a bit unfair the HP4 doesn't get one-then again it's probably because the HP4 is so technically capable that everyone turns into riding gods!

I don't suppose any of you guys are booking this soon? Got my voucher through I am closer to Donington.

baz
that made me lol ! iwas still whingin about it today so i fired a load of emails to different bmw people. just gotta wait and see what happens

Steve,

You need to argue that matey.....my mate just ordered a HP4 and ocean BMW Plymouth honoured the BMW training day in september, even though he dont get the bike til november.....surely BMW need to treat there customers with some consistency?????

Hi all
Just bought an HP4 assuming there was a Track and Training Day with it. They told me it was for the s1000rr only. when i said it was an s1000rr with extras they told me it was a different spec. gutted !

Hi all
Good news just got ma track day voucher today. so all the emails finally worked. donnington here i come lol

Who was your instructor?
How many sessions did you get?
Did they insist you ride the 125s or cornering bike?
Did you get a session on the HP4?
What group were you in?

More important-did they feed you?!

A quick layout of your day would be handy.

I've ridden with Neil Hodgson and Niall MacKenzie before and found them helpful.

As I said before,if I'm not happy I'll just do the normal trackday.I am not particularly interested in riding a 125 or a f800(especially one with stabilisers!)I probably wouldn't have done the BMW day but,as it came free with the bike,we'll see.

Baz I have another day booked through BMW on the 30th, but;
Instructor was Niall and some bloke from FE. (NO instruction actually just followig them around)
Not sure what group we went out with.
Can't remember how many sessions but that wasn't the gripe.
The gripe is that there was no one-to-one instruction as advertised and no clear direction what we were trying to achieve on the 125's or the cornering bike.

No ride on the HP4
Nothing about how to use the bikes ABS and TC etc to the best advantage as advertised on BMW's site.
Basically just a track day with no training.

Did they feed me? :sour: bacon roll on arrivals and biscuits and fruit, tea and coffee. In my opinion not as advertised..

Anyway Like I said I have a further day and a chance to restore my faith in FE and BMW track and training program, and I will post the results, good or bad.

Well I had another day with them. Instructors were Niall and his two sons, the younger one who races in moto2 whooping my ass on a gixer6, Steve Plater and Kevin from FE was instructing on the stabiliser bike.
Much better this time around, in fact it was loads of fun, you won't learn much unless you are a complete novice, but you can still have fun on the stabiliser and body positioning bikes.
The sun came out and I had a chance to rip an HP4 for a wholes session and that in itself made up for anything else.

Well I had another day with them. Instructors were Niall and his two sons, the younger one who races in moto2 whooping my ass on a gixer6, Steve Plater and Kevin from FE was instructing on the stabiliser bike.
Much better this time around, in fact it was loads of fun, you won't learn much unless you are a complete novice, but you can still have fun on the stabiliser and body positioning bikes.
The sun came out and I had a chance to rip an HP4 for a wholes session and that in itself made up for anything else.

So did they give you actual instruction and constructive feedback this time or did you just follow them around as before? Maybe I was lucky the first time as I got a session on the HP4 then. I did enjoy the cornering bike but as you say, I didn't really learn anything from it apart from being able to get the front to tuck without falling off, although I wouldn't want to transfer those 'new skills' onto the road or track lol.

I was at Silverstone on the 30 th of July got loads of instruction and feedback from Niall and Steve and Niall's oldest son was very helpful and knowledgeable

I bought a pre rgistered ( october 2012) 2012 bike in January and got my voucher.
I booked in 2 of my mates one on his own Blade, the other on a hire bike.

At donnington with Steve Plater running it, got on really well with him hes a bit of a card ! As well as talking bikes, We were on about working on building sites (he was a Brickie until he was 26), Game shooting, Landrovers you name it.
Nial and his son Taylor were the instructors, first class couple of fellas
We had 5 sessions.
I did session 4 on the Hp4 in slick mode ( which did make the suspension a little hard for me )
I did session 5 on a 1 to 1 basis with Tayor behind for half the session and in front for half showing me even quicker lines and later turning and breaking points,afterwards he gave me a full track corner by corner debrief !

I would say if you talk to these guys and have the crack with them and tell them what you would like they are happy to accommodate.

Hi all
Good news just got ma track day voucher today. so all the emails finally worked. donnington here i come lol

Hi Steve. Could you PM me who / what you did? I've been fobbed off by bmw about having an hp4 and not the rr. Takes the p!$$ when you spend £20k on a bike.

Latest posts

Back