BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trackday

I was the 21st person to crash on Sunday and in this particular case I would definitely apportion this one to rider error. The book of crash excuses only gets opened when I'm racing...
HAHA ! I know it well..... Must've been a long slide

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Ryan. Like you say crashes are enevitable when pushing hard on the track. You'll be back!

Trackday

Thanks for all the kind posts. The bike is currently back at Lind Motorrad and BMW and alpha Racing parts are already on order for the winter rebuild.

Trackday

Here are a few pictures taken in the wet conditions at Snetterton...

Trackday

_DSC6131_zpswa11opil.jpg

_DSC5064_zpsygqhbkho.jpg

_DSC6127_zpshpgniqvh.jpg

_DSC4871_zpsxqzjtbrt.jpg

_DSC5132_zpszf4cluyf.jpg

_DSC4960_zpsu77iicry.jpg

Parts

The rebuild is progressing well and much faster than expected. Most of the main BMW replacement parts have now arrived or have already been fitted to the bike by Lind Motorrad. Thanks to Prime Factors Racing I am expecting my alpha Racing order to arrive early next week. The lowside has provided a good opportunity to order a few small upgrades rather than just replacing some of the OEM parts. All in all progress is being made to get the bike ready for 2017.

nice one ryan you don't mess about, no pics of the damage? understand if your not wanting to put any up but a couple of resurrection pics would be cool.....

Crash Damage

To be honest I didn't take any pictures of the crash damage as the BMW was wheeled straight into the back of the van at Snetterton and then driven home. The next day I stripped the race fairings off and gave the bike a good clean before it was picked up by Lind Motorrad. As soon as I get the bike back I will post pictures of the progress.

Lind Motorrad

I've visited Lind Motorrad this weekend to see my BMW and the repair work is going well. As a precaution the DDC front forks have been removed and checked on a jig and fortunately they are completely straight. All of the damaged OEM parts have now been removed and I've dropped off a collection of alpha Racing parts to be fitted whilst the bike is stripped down. That's pretty much it for now and all I'm waiting for is a replacement carbon fibre upper race fairing to arrive along with a new quick release axle pull cup from FFR.

FFR Quick Release Wheel Axles

My FFR quick release axle incorporates a captive rear caliper bracket already. Even though the rear brake caliper isn't relocated underneath the swingarm you can still change the rear wheel in less than a minute with a bit of practice.

IMG_2225_zpsgkrkxvsd.jpg

IMG_2223_zps715vxzp3.jpg

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lind Motorrad

I've been back to Lind Motorrad today and the repairs to my BMW are nearly finished. I've spent a bit of time with their excellent staff and technicians this afternoon getting the position of my replacement alpha Racing clip-ons setup correctly. Further updates to follow and I will post a few pictures once I get the bike back.

Performance Bikes Magazine

My magazine subscription to Performance Bikes arrived today and my S1000RR has made it into the 'Your Bikes' feature along with a photo of me from Snetterton. The quotes are amusing as I never provided any apart from a copy of the bike's specification list. Either way is nice to have the bike featured in the magazine and the picture caption is rather complimentary...

attachment.php

Performance Bikes Magazine
Feb 2017
p. 28

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back