BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lap Times

Around Snetterton I would be comfortably lapping at around 2:00.00 with a K1/K2 tyre combination. Lap times are a useful marker but unless your racing they are largely irrelevant.

Last edited:
alpha Racing Carbon Fibre Race Fairings

After a bit of a wait my alpha Racing fairings arrived from Germany yesterday via Prime Factors Racing. I have no issue with taking a road bike onto a circuit but for me the sensible option was to fit race fairings. The only time my bike is used on the road is to ride to my BMW dealership for servicing or to 'road bike only' trackdays which are always refreshing. Apart from that the only time my bike really gets used is on track. The main reason for fitting them is it will help to avoid the high financial cost of replacing OEM fairings in the unfortunate event of an 'off'.

Having looked at numerous race fairing kits available on the market I've opted for a set of WSBK specification carbon fibre fairings. With ACU race discount, a competitive exchange rate and free delivery they were actually quite reasonably priced. That, and whilst I've used other fairing manufacturers before, the quality of the alpha Racing parts that I've fitted to my BMW so far made this seem like the obvious choice. I've also ordered an alpha Racing (MRA) screen, fairing mounting kit and an electrical plug set to avoid any error codes being displayed on the dash.

alpha Racing fairings are sold as a complete set which include upper fairing, side fairings and sealed race bellypan and are available in either carbon fibre or fibreglass. I'm currently undecided on what tail section and seat bench to purchase as I have a couple of options from alpha Racing which involve either retaining the OEM subframe or changing it to a lightweight version. I'm in no particular rush as the priority was the front, side fairings and bellypan.

All the fairings are pre-fitted with quick release Dzus fasteners as standard and have carbon/kevlar reinforcement at all the mounting points. The carbon fibre fairings are incredibly lightweight and are ready for painting or wrapping. The manufacturing quality is extremely good and is perhaps testament to the fact that alpha Racing supply fairings to race teams like Althea BMW (WSBK) and Buildbase BMW (BSB) amongst others.

With regards to painting and finishing an old sponsor is going to vinyl wrap them for me and Prime Factors Racing have included some WSBK style headlight stickers and BMW emblems for the fairings.

Here are pictures of a couple of the individual pieces and I will post up further photos once installation is complete.

P1070336_zpstasrlbrn.jpg

P1070333_zpsvvqs7nhf.jpg

P1070335_zpsjykr5jdo.jpg

Nice! Do you not fancy just leaving the carbon exposed? Stickers just add weight :playful:

Yep fantastic Ryan, post some pics up when they're fitted, you're bike is boasting a superb spec.

Last edited:
Nice! Do you not fancy just leaving the carbon exposed? Stickers just add weight :playful:

I saw a track only HP4 tricked out in alpha parts and unpainted carbon fibre race fairings a couple of years ago in the back of the dealer's service van and it looked like it needed a paint job. Race carbon is functional rather than aesthetic. Ryan is doing the right thing IMO.

Thanks for the positive comments. The design for the race fairings is quite simple but it should look fairly effective and importantly it will be cheap to redue in the event of an 'off'. I will post up a few pictures once I've finished fitting them and again when it's finished aesthetically.

I ran my 2012 with unpainted carbon for a while-it looked much better when they were painted but leaving all the edges,underside and air intake in carbon.

There are a few subtle carbon fibre accents running throughout the design. If time permits it should be completed in the next few weeks.

Fantastic, can't wait to see it.
As others have said, it's going to be some bike when it's finished.
Who has an "off" these days anyway?

Metzeler Racetec RR

New race compound Metzeler Racetec RR tyres ready to be fitted...

P1070342_zpsbhjbygaq.jpg

Trackday

Superb trackday at Snetterton today. Feedback and pictures to follow...

P1070365_zps13m3mt3v.jpg

looking forward to your next instalment ry can't wait to see pics! do you record any of your trackdays? youtube channel etc?

Trackday

The only thing that does any recording on the bike is the HP Datalogger. I personally dislike fitting cameras so I've never bothered using one.

Was this the set of alpha racing carbon fairings i saw on ebay? I was tempted but at 2k i would have been devorced (again)

My race fairings came new directly from alpha Racing in Germany via Prime Factors Racing. I only finished fitting them yesterday in preparation for today's trackday.

My race fairings came new directly from alpha Racing in Germany via Prime Factors Racing. I only finished fitting them yesterday in preparation for today's trackday.
Any pics of the bike with the fairings buddy?

Latest posts

Back