BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alpha Racing (BMC) Air Filter

I've made further progress today and have changed the OEM air filter. After a full season the current air filter was showing signs that it needed replacing. Rather than go for another OEM one, which is extremely good, I've opted to try a BMC air filter made specifically for alpha Racing. I was recommended the BMC filter by both alpha Racing and Prime Factors Racing to compliment the HP Race Power Kit. The latter also use them on their WEC race bikes by way of endorsement and this one can also be cleaned, oiled and reused. Whether it makes any difference remains to be seen as the bike is yet to visit the Dyno for a baseline run with the HP Race Power Kit fitted.

alpha Racing (BMC) Air Filter

P1070155_zpsg5uh6a5a.jpg

alpha Racing

That's all of the minor alpha Racing parts fitted. Now it's a just a case of removing the fairings and fuel tank to fit the last few items and change the oil and filter.

Jesus Christ, Ry. Bike has come a long way. Looking great. Well done sir! How do you feel about the BST wheels over the OE Forged ones? Noticeable difference or negligible?

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels

Thanks. So far I've only completed three wet sighting laps of Snetterton with the BST wheels fitted. Soon after I was back in pit lane changing over to my HP Forged wheels with Metzeler wets fitted. It won't be until next month when I'm back on track for the start of the season that I can make any real comparison.

Re: BST Carbon Fibre Wheels

Nice. Looking forward to hear your feedback.

Cox Racing Titanium Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard Kit

I've added a few more parts to the S1000RR this week. Last season I noticed that the radiator fins were rather more delicate on the BMW compared to those on other bikes that I've previously owned. With that in mind I've invested in a set of radiator and oil cooler guards to reduce the risk of track debris piercing the radiator. I saw these fitted to the Tyco BMW BSB race bikes so I ordered a set from the USA having been unable to source them in the UK. The fit and finish is excellent and they secure directly to the bike using the original fixings. Hopefully they should help prevent any damage to either the radiator or oil cooler in the future.

Very nice mate. I bought some R&G one's from the bike show at the NEC. They are still sitting in my shed. I asked my dealer again last week about fitting them, their reply was that BMW wouldn't cover the engine warranty. I told them it's not all about investing my interest in looking after the rad, but they also save yer butt when you have coolant on the rear tyre. I'm going to fit them I might add.

Cox Racing Titanium Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard Kit

Thanks. I spent a quite bit of time straightening bent radiator fins when fitting my Akrapovič system and noticed that they certainly weren't as robust as other bikes I've owned. I don't expect any issues with overheating as the Cox Racing guards appear to be quite unrestrictive in terms of airflow. My warranty is restricted anyway due to the installation of the HP Race Power Kit and HP Racing Data Release. Like you I would prefer not to suffer a punctured radiator on track for both my own safety and that of others. These should sufficiently protect both the radiator and oil cooler and hopefully avoid having to replace either of them in the future.

Was you at Rockingham today ?
If so i did come and have a look at your bike at lunch time ... looks absolutely stunning.

Trackday

Yes; I managed to book it with No Limits at the very last minute yesterday. Thanks for the compliment.

Was a good day and we got very lucky with the weather, think you was chatting to my mate (who is also on here) after Briefing

Nice work, I'm itching for track time after Almeria a couple weeks back. I noticed in an earlier post you have the 2D suspension pots. How have you found the software? I wanted to get all of this stuff but was put off by not having the option to export the data so was going to look at other systems before buying??

Just read the first twenty odd pages and see you have already answered on the subject. Great write ups.

Hey mate awesome bike really enjoyed reading through the thread. I have a question regarding the front suspension pot by 2d you have on the bike. Does this allow the front suspension to adjust better based on more accurate information on suspension travel?

The 2d sensor allows you to set compression and rebound settings as well as damping on the front (it unlocks the same functionality as the rear). :)

The 2d sensor allows you to set compression and rebound settings as well as damping on the front (it unlocks the same functionality as the rear). :)
Cheers Mate so I am assuming this is used if you want to manually adjust but does not automatically do anything based on readings? ��������

Back