BMW Owners day at Silverstone with TYCO Team - 03 August 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastBike

Reaction score
Is anyone attending ?

BMW Owners day at Silverstone with TYCO Team, Maria Costello, Neil Hodgson

This is a BMW Motorrad UK subsidised track day at Silverstone on the full MotoGP Grand Prix Circuit for BMW owners through our Track Day partner ? Focused Events.

The Tyco BMW race team and hospitality unit will attend the event.

• Meet the Tyco BMW riders
  • We will be offering advice and help to our customers by providing technical knowledge for bike set up
  • An opportunity for one to one tuition with a member if the TYCO riders (limited to available space on the day)
  • Provide breakfast and lunch and non alcoholic drinks in the Tyco BMW hospitality unit
  • Present BMW HP technology
  • Present BMW latest rider equipment
  • Test ride other models in the BMW range

Price for this BMW owners days will be ?159.00 and we have limited the number to 160 places.

All BMW sports bikes are welcome (S 1000 RR, S 1000 R, K 1300 S, HP4 etc etc).

http://www.focusedevents.com/silverstone-moto-gp-03-august-2016-uk-trackday-649

Have been thinking about maybe doing this but can't make my mind up yet :)

BMW Trackday

I had planned on attending but it would appear that they are combining the Fast and Intermediate riders in order to accommodate the Ladies group. It will inevitably lead to two oversized groups of varying ability which could prove quite frustrating. If they were running the standard three group format I would have signed up as by all accounts last year's event was particularly good.

Ian - I'll keep my eye's open for you ... you'll be the one on the S1000RR ;-) PM me of you fancy sharing some Garage space and I'll drop you my number.

RyS1000RR - Fair point, I didn't realize that one of the three groups will be ladies only. It's a wide track so hopefully it'll be OK. Focused will be running this as a Chrono event so they'll move people into groups based on their ability. Maybe they're just protecting our ego's in case the Ladies are quicker than us :)

Too close to Spain for me, although i live 9 miles from Silvo..

Still thinking about doing this :congratulatory:, all depends on the forecast for tuesday, as my usual td mate is going then and i might go with him ... but the weather looks pants for then so may come to the tyco one instead

Probably going to drop in to see what's going on - got a work meeting in Solihull all afternoon, but Silverstone is nicely on the way from south London, so I'll even get my petrol paid!

Re: BMW Trackday

I had planned on attending but it would appear that they are combining the Fast and Intermediate riders in order to accommodate the Ladies group.

That's the advantage in being a geriatric in the novice group!

Re: BMW Trackday

The itinerary looks good, let's hope the weather sorts itself out !

TYCO Hospitality

This will be available all day on in Hall 3 of the wing commencing with
7.30am to 9am breakfast
Lunch from 12.30pm to 2pm
Hall 3 will be open all day for refreshments for all riders
There will be tea / coffee and water available all day in box?s 15, 16 and 26
???????????????????????????????????????????????.
Michael Laverty and Christian Iddon will be available all day for autographs and you can walk around the TYCO Race pit and get a real feel for what it?s like to be in the team
During Lunch we will have a Q & A session with Tommy and Michael hosted by WSB and BSB Champion
Neil Hodgson
We will also have on the day 30 New BWM machines available
for a 30 minute road test with our team of BMW Guides
Including the new S1000XR, R1200RS, R1200R, K1600GTL, R1200GS Adventure, R1200GS
S1000R, Nine T, R1200RT, F800R, F800GSA​

Have now book on to this, hopefully will see some of you around :)

So for those who went, how was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of bikes in motorsport colours, not many number plates, track looked pretty clear, think I will try and book on next year! only spectating this time.
did spot a couple that looked like they had been down the road so hope every ones ok.
mine was the only one there in ACID green!

I thought it was brilliant day, the weather was kind ( maybe a tad windy in the afternoon ) FE & BMW done a great job, plenty of refreshments all day, a whole fleet of road bikes to go out on if you so wished, wanted to take an R nine T out but didn't get around to it.
Tyco had the bsb bikes out in the pits and was good to get up close and drool all over them :unconscious:, had a good chat with Michael Laverty, Neil Hodgson did a talk with Laverty & Iddon at lunch time to
Didn't have a single yellow or red flag all day in group 2 so got lots of track time ... don't think i have ever had so many clear laps at Silverstone as i did yesterday, the only person i met from here was Fastbike and that was only by chance as we were walking up the pit lane chatting and he happened to mention the forum :excitement:
So all in all a very good day and I'm very tempted to book the Donington day in September

Great day. As there were fewer bikes in Group 1 to start off with it was almost like a private track-day; in fact at one stage I was worried that I had missed the chequred flag as I appeared to be the only one on the track until Laverty blitzed past.

As always BMW & FE looked after us all really well...and there were some shapely ladies out there as well!

Can't agree more, whether you like Kevin/FE or not they put on a cracking day, lovely people (good to meet you Rp1 hope to see you on track again!) ..... great hospitality ... Bacon butty in the morning and a choice of lasagna or roast chicken and pots at lunch (not sure what the Veggi option was) and a nice indulgent desert to round it all off with unlimited tea, coffee, water, orange juice and biscuits throughout the day (I think I put on half a stone ;-)) .... and plenty of good quality track time ... if you know Silverstone its a big wide track so if you do run across someone running at a different pace there's plenty of room to get past safely and there weren't that many people on track TBH I would definitely go again, but maybe with an SC1 or SC2 rear, my SC0's we're ripped to shreds in half a day :hopelessness:

Latest posts

Back