BMW Dealers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJK

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys think of your local BMW dealer, now I know there is a lot of negative comments on Coopers of Bolton which is my local one. I personally cannot really comment on them as I have not really had much experience of Coopers however I rang them up the other day to book my R1200R bike in for the run in service and when I asked what was involved they said just oil and filter, this is not what I have read on the internet I then rang another dealer local'ish to me Lloyds of Carsile (any one had any feed back on them?) they said also the final drive oil (this ties in with what I have read) and seemed a lot more knowledgable. Surely this type of error is unexceptable from such a brand as BMW!!

Lol... welcome to the world of pot luck as to who you get on the phone...

I find my dealer in Dalkeith in Edinburgh pretty good..Tony is the service manager there, had no probs with them certainly as far as servicing/parts goes.

I find asking a few questions whilst having them on the phone helps me decide where my dough goes...

It's terrible it makes you wonder how they stay in business, I for sure won't be going back to Coopers

We've little choice up here CJ..so the dealers need to be a bit more on the ball maybe...I'd use Stephens place if I was local to him...he's on here, but don't know the logistics you to him.

Had bad experiences with Bowker Motorrad Preston. I do not rate them as they have dwindled my confidence in there expertise, knowledge and helpfulness.

Last edited:
I feel your pain so much so I considering getting my bike serviced from a proper bike shop , and just putting into bmw for updates only I'm aware this could void my warranty . I think generally with bmw they try run bike side the same as cars and as for typical bmw drivers Us riders are different , most bike mechanics don't fit in with thr way they run garage side . I'd rather buy a bike from a proper bike shop just a shame bm have a great bike but need to be more in touch with what the sports bike rides want from a dealer .

I'm trying Dalkeith or jefferies . Jimmy had his bike at Carlisle last week I think they are a brand new to bmw . Honda dealer i think

Thsnks Stu il def try them first my 2 nd service is due next week , il get my local bike dealer to fit tyres chain and sprockets then whip it up there for service and book stamp cheers

Lol... welcome to the world of pot luck as to who you get on the phone...

I find my dealer in Dalkeith in Edinburgh pretty good..Tony is the service manager there, had no probs with them certainly as far as servicing/parts goes.

I find asking a few questions whilst having them on the phone helps me decide where my dough goes...

How come you go through there Stuart, East Kilbride alot closer or is ther horror storys about them?????

No reason other than it was where I bought my bike. I was going to go to EK for its 6 thou service but I called Dalkeith and they offered to pick it up and drop it off the next day and thats what happened. So quite happy with that mate would use EK too tho. Where you get yours ?

stuarts phone

Bought mine at EK, Salesman was spot on but then again they all are when they want your cash ��, will prob use them for the end of year service if there ain't any bad reports about them

Youll be fine with them im sure. The mark of any company is how they deal with a problem... so even if something is not to your satisfaction, gauge how they handle it, if that scenario ever arises

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Hi Stu , I've been riding m7rr for last 3 years on all my bikes can't fault them but I can't remember another tyre . After few track days the m7 squirms about in the heat prob soft carcas . Im tempted to go for fast rd tyre for the summer month lol narrowed down to the new k3rr or super Corsa . But recently fancy trying sportsmart 2 I do my own head in ha

Lol i get ut mate .. i fekt the rear on mine squirm a bit a few weekends ago coming down loch ness.. mind you it was getting the message. I had to change it tho as I did have a slow puncture. So guess that never helped. Whatever way you go the choices you mention will fit the bill. Lets know what you pick..cheers

stuarts phone

I use Bahnstormers Alton, I put a thread up last week about my first service and the video they sent me, excellent bunch of people.

Back