BMW Dealer Just gave me a valuation on my bike agianst a 2015 bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
So my bike is 2 years old with 5K on the clock and they will happly give ?7,800 for it, err no thanks i will keep it, so i will not be getting a 2015 bike anytime soon that mean it has lost nearly 50% of its value in two years FFS

I have seen a few mint 2011's and 2012's in dealers local to me all between ?9 & ?9.5k (not BMW dealerships), I got offered ?9.5k for my 2012 a couple of months ago.

Davy

So my bike is 2 years old with 5K on the clock and they will happly give ?7,800 for it, err no thanks i will keep it, so i will not be getting a 2015 bike anytime soon that mean it has lost nearly 50% of its value in two years FFS

I thought there is always a bit of a dip in second hand prices when a new version/model is released. They usually recover to sensible levels after the initial hype. I'd wait until spring and try again, in the meantime see if I still fancy the new one after a test ride :).

They're taking the piss.

I got ?7400 for my 2010 RR with 6500 miles on it last September against a S1000R Sport from Williams Bikes - some ?600 over the book price.

Extremely low offer imho, however they (the dealers) may be aware already of number of pre 2015 bikes that are going to be traded in, subsequently they will want to keep offers low to make their mark up.

Second hand market is still strong though.

Stealers mate, CMC bought my 2011 12,000 miler for ?8k in Novemeber.

2013 when my bike was 18 month's old i was looking at buying a Porsche 356 and I offered my bike in part x, they rang Pidcocks who said ?6k! For an 18 month old bike with less than 5,000 miles on it. Strange how after another 18 month's and more than double the miles it went up in value. Just another reason i dont go to Pidcocks.

Could also be time of year the second hand market price will increase as the warmer weather arrives. That does seem really low..

Last edited:
I didn't think it was that bad ?
shows what I know
its not correct to compare a private price with a dealers price , your always guaranteed a dry bumming when a new model is out.

I've just been offered 10k for my 2014 s1rr with akky can, gilles rearsets and levers. I told them I'd think about it. Cheeky bassas

2012 Motorsport 8k miles offered me ?8k 1st offer.only got it June 2014 with 2.5k mls for 10.5k

Stealers mate, CMC bought my 2011 12,000 miler for ?8k in Novemeber.

2013 when my bike was 18 month's old i was looking at buying a Porsche 356 and I offered my bike in part x, they rang Pidcocks who said ?6k! For an 18 month old bike with less than 5,000 miles on it. Strange how after another 18 month's and more than double the miles it went up in value. Just another reason i dont go to Pidcocks.

original 356? Coupe or convertible?

My dads just been offered ?8k for his 2010 motorsport with 8k miles against a 2014 model with 4k miles. His happy with that as others have offered little as ?6500!!!

ive just been offered 7500 for my 2011 6000 mls motorsport in std trim on the phone subject to seeeing it against a 2015 ive spent thou,s on up dates which i would sell on ebay if the dealer doesnt increase there offer by at least 1500 i think 9000 is a fair price

chorsley, so was that the dealer just north of Loomies? Think they prefer to sell GS's !

I was offered 10k on my 2014 with 1200 miles on it by Bahnstomer, I have however riden it like i stole it last Sunday for the first time and honestly its not going anywhere. The thing flys im keeping it.:highly_amused:

i test rode the 2015 model today and then rode my 12 plate home with a big grin ! My bike with ohlins 30mm catridges and ttx shock, full sytem and tune was better ! The 12 plate and up looks way better in the flesh too. Your bike is everything the new one is and looks better :)

Latest posts

Back