Bloody cheek!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like the personal touch... I've got my bikes insured with Bennetts

Hi Marzy, I know BMW Insurance can be a bit up themselves at times not to mention expensive. They were ?1000 more than my current insurer, but if they have been competitive for your postcode I would take a breather before jumping ship. I have only ever had one bike stolen and that was a GSA in 2012, BMW Insurance were very helpful in all respects and paid out quicker than MCE who took 12 weeks to sort out my mate who wrote off his S1000RR the same week.
You only find out if your insurance is good when you need them.
Admin issues and computers often fling out letters like this, probably because a reoccurring payment failed cause a new debit card was issued and the old one expired.

Of course you might save a fortune by going elsewhere in which case just ignore me and tell me who they are, my insurance is due in May.

JimmyMac

Cheers people. I specifically removed the automatic renewal tick (always do) when I signed up last year. Good job my bank card renewed late last year too or else they would have had my money.
i always shop around near to renewal each year. You never know I could of had double insurance, but then you do have a 14 day cooling off period on which I could have hit them with.

I'm finding its more a case of I get the renewal letter from my existing insurer. Then I go online and use one or both of the comparison sites (bit hit and miss with the hp4). Then send the best deal back to my insurer who magically can match it. Saved ?400 when I renewed my multi bike in Jan doing it this way.

Yes you have to shop around, I found insuring my two bikes separately with Bennetts cheaper than their multi bike policy, Wicked Quotes who had been insuring my RR couldn't match either quote

My car and bike both fall in the same month (Feb) so been on the phone a lot recently looking for deals. Am unfortunate enough to live in a London postcode so paying a hefty premium on both for the pleasure. This year the car insurance renewal was the best I've seen yet, 37 YO, 8 years NCB, clean licence and the letter from my current insurer was offering the bargain price of ?5,500 (up from ~?500)- and they wanted to keep the direct debits going, cheeky feckers.

I'm finding its more a case of I get the renewal letter from my existing insurer. Then I go online and use one or both of the comparison sites (bit hit and miss with the hp4). Then send the best deal back to my insurer who magically can match it. Saved ?400 when I renewed my multi bike in Jan doing it this way.
Exactly what I do....

I had exactly the same letter of devitt bmw motoradd today cheeky coonts

I had exactly the same letter of devitt bmw motoradd today cheeky coonts
Right pissed me orf Cally. There is still 10 left of this month too. I will be phoning them Monday and vent my Spleen lol

I phoned them today I'm not to amused asked them what card they try to get money off that has been refused she said card ending in bla bla bla . it wasn't even one of my card numbers so God knows what they are playing at . Paid ?490 this year with them ?430 last year robbing bastards lol

Only good thing is you are insured on BMW organised trackdays, but hardly worth it for 1 or 2 of those imo.

I have a 6 wheel policy with Carole Nash, 2 bikes and a car, I know, that's 8 wheels before someone says it...

I usually call them when they send their renewal and ask them to look around, (they are a broker) and they usually come up with a deal that I like.

They are not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back