Bike's gone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Strange feeling, garage is empty, bike's been dropped off for transport to Portimao. Have to say, not to sure about the stillage, securing hooks are in the wrong place.... Anyway, roll on couple of weeks time !!

Pretty sure if you don't strap it it will be fine.

John is quite careful with loading/unloading

FE stillages are a good size but yeah the front wheel chock is big enough for a rear...(we should actually test that). No support without straps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No limits 1s are definitely smaller than they were, uses to get my kit bag behind the wheel now there's no chance

they have 3 different sizes depending on how many bikes/stillages they need to get onto the wagons,the red ones are a pain as they are small,the grey/black ones are the best,we have a couple stashed at our bike collection point :)

Well that wasn't bad...survived.
I mean if you discount the shoddy organisation, my incredible hangover [emoji2961] on day 1 and the rain on day 3...

2:06's for both Bman and I. Wind was an absolute fecker. Head on down he main straight...and strong. I was about 10mph down on top speed!

Portimao we'll be back...with a thumb rear brake!
20bac4d5635d59d4115a039eb3d3ce16.jpg
e910ba62e40405928b30eb05ca352031.jpg
97110fe638e546fcd4881c9729681c5b.jpg

You lucky that fat Kevin didn't do sightseeing laps in the car as he did at Almeria 1 week ago.

I heard that at least 5 people crashed at turn 1 in 3 groups

Last edited:
You lucky that fat Kevin didn't do sightseeing laps in the car as he did at Almeria 1 week ago.

I heard that at least 5 people crashed at turn 1 in 3 groups
We had a car do the sightseeing. And turn 1/5/13 became carparks...very dangerous.

They didn't do it day 2/3.
We also missed the first hour cause the circuit surprised them with more indemnity forms. But rather than get everyone together to quickly sort it out they stood atound and waited for us to ask wtf...

FE.
I don't mind a bit of a cock up but everyone lost a session which was of course blamed on external influences when really a more dynamic team could have quickly gotten hold of.

Kev wasn't there btw.

Last edited:
I thought FE were on the up? I was under the impression Kevin had taken a back seat and the actual running of the events where supposed to have improved. Obviously not. Was the actual carriage of the bikes ok?
I know they are on the cheaper side of TDO's and hotels are not the best, however we go for the track time but if thats compromised then i think a rethink is in order as we were going to try FE for the 1st time next year as the feedback was positive on previous years....not so sure now
Mut

Seems to differ event to event.
Transport is fine, all good.

Just doesn't take a lot to derail them and the timing system failed so we all stayed in our initial groups no matter our ability.

I thought FE were on the up? I was under the impression Kevin had taken a back seat and the actual running of the events where supposed to have improved. Obviously not. Was the actual carriage of the bikes ok?
I know they are on the cheaper side of TDO's and hotels are not the best, however we go for the track time but if thats compromised then i think a rethink is in order as we were going to try FE for the 1st time next year as the feedback was positive on previous years....not so sure now
Mut
He hasn't taken a back seat

He was the reason 5 people crashed at Almeria across 3 groups because he decided to do warmup laps in the car, even for a fast group.

Well, Portimao was the make or break whether the gen4 was going or staying, really wasn't gelling with it at all. Cut a long story short, after the 3 days on track, it's staying.... Think it was a mixture of minimal seat time for last 18 months, low confidence, old bones getting older and change from the RSV4 which I liked but a tad too small. Harder I pushed, better it felt. Only real downside was Alex turned out the best time between us.... by .2 secs. :eek:ffended: Great track, great company with mates, ate too much, drunk too much but all came home in one piece

he's done it for year,not sure why he thinks it's ok.even if they got some experienced regulars to do sighters for them would be better

Back