Best biking day in 2014?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I was thinking about this year and the best day I've had, and it was a biking day :).

Snetterton track day in June. Perfect conditions, perfect new (to me) track, enough safety features to keep me on the black stuff (I'm no way as good as the bike). And some new friends too.

Anyone else? :)

Mine was riding down to Barcelona for the gp and we rode from Clermont Ferrand to Montpellier and we rode down a mountain to the valley floor and stumbled across a little village called L'estaing. Epic day of riding.

Mine was riding down to Barcelona for the gp and we rode from Clermont Ferrand to Montpellier and we rode down a mountain to the valley floor and stumbled across a little village called L'estaing. Epic day of riding.

very nice.

Mine was changing my 14 plate tiger explorer in June as I had 3 sets of spoked wheels buckle in 3 months no off road although keeping with litre bikes through twisties didn't do it any favours so a week before I set off for the French alps I bought a 12 plate s1rr as a new one was too long of a wait.2500 mls round trip all I can say is "WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Mine was changing my 14 plate tiger explorer in June as I had 3 sets of spoked wheels buckle in 3 months no off road although keeping with litre bikes through twisties didn't do it any favours so a week before I set off for the French alps I bought a 12 plate s1rr as a new one was too long of a wait.2500 mls round trip all I can say is "WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Result!

Getting my knee down for the first time...and at the Nordschleife

I went there on my KR in 2011 I think it was, got undertaken into a bend by a 911 GT3, my knee would've been on its door sill, scary stuff!

Today - prices of new 2015 s1000rr sport with DDC announced - sub 15k !! Yeehaa.

Ps - Andy - would be good to catch up in New Year and get a few rides in , be good to see you again out there..

Mine has to be my fastest lap of Almeria last Sept of 1:51:27 on an old Gixer thou after 8 years of trying lol

Summer '14 I rode with a friend from LA up to Sequoia National Park. razzed it round, camped out on a remote hill, drank beer and listened to wolves howling at night.. Good fun...saw some big trees and epic views & hot valleys. Big KTM's munched it up......roads were ace.

In Oct/Nov last year rode across South America visiting Brazil,Argentina,Chile and Peru, solo with no electronic Navigation aids, just a pencil, ruler and a map and compass, proper old school. LOL

Best moment was surviving the Atacama Desert, worst moment was finding a small bite on my pinkie in Peru, turned out to be malaria which floored me for a month at Christmas.

A battlefield Memorial near Victoria Chile

Crossing the Andes at 17500 ft near Uspallata Argentina.

The Way of 365 Curves Uspallata.

The San Jose Mine Copiapo, Chile where 33 miners got stuck under the ground and were rescued a couple of years ago, the Pod that rescued them is still there.

On a road made entirely of salt near Salar De Atacama

Try digging this out with no tools, 42 Degrees, not seen another person for two days and a triple back fracture!!! This did make me question my sanity.

What malaria looks like after 48 hours.

Sporting a HP4 t-shirt and a swollen belly at Machu Piccu, Peru.

I would encourage anyone who has similar thoughts running through their heads, do it, do it, you will never regret it.

Back