Battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tycos1000rr

Reaction score
I prob don't need this but i'm sure this can't do my battery any harm can it ?
272c1e015f17d809996b49c742dd7df9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi tycos, You do need this, and the unit you have can be connected permanently when you are not riding. I have one myself.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Some chargers dependant on battery type can't be left on all the time. The unit you have is designed to be connected all the time so happy days

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It should keep your battery in good condition if you don't use the bike for a few weeks. If you turn it off I believe that you need to disconnect the optimiser or it will drain battery. As your bar (sorry garage) seems well equipped with power sockets you should be fine.

Worth bearing in mind that if you bike is not brand new then the existing battery might not be in the best condition. Had to replace the battery on my 2013 bike at the weekend, when it died after I turned on the heated grips!

It should keep your battery in good condition if you don't use the bike for a few weeks. If you turn it off I believe that you need to disconnect the optimiser or it will drain battery. As your bar (sorry garage) seems well equipped with power sockets you should be fine.

Worth bearing in mind that if you bike is not brand new then the existing battery might not be in the best condition. Had to replace the battery on my 2013 bike at the weekend, when it died after I turned on the heated grips!

Yes i can confirim you do need to disconnect when not switched on as it will drain the battery, i have the connection under the rear seat so its a doddle to connect & disconnect

c03b58434d928080de24ef1ac677a403.jpg

i went for the oxford oxmiser 900 handy bit of kit. comes with a fitting that i have connected to the battery so now i only have to lift the rear seat to plug inn. not bad for ?30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an optimate (prob 1 of the first lol), always on at end of season through winter just to maintain. It runs through discharge/test charge every so often. Cable tied the connector on subframe as my tail is 1 piece.
About ten riders arranged to meet another at his house for a sunday run, he got leathered up etc and his bike was dead flat, his missus had turned the charger off and the battery drained :chargrined: I don't know whether it was embarrassment in front of his mates or a genuine freak-out but it was amusing to say the least. :congratulatory: (not for her)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back