Battery Charger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: took delivery today

do any of you lads bother with a battery optimiser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont but lots do. If you ride regulary then no need

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

never put the bm on an optimiser, its the only bike ive had thats not killed the battery over winter lay ups.

never put the bm on an optimiser, its the only bike ive had thats not killed the battery over winter lay ups.

+1 mine hasn't been fired up since November, I took the seat off last weekend to put the charger on and the battery was still reading 12.7V - i.e. full charge

I've never bothered using one on my BMW. My bike is stored during the winter until the trackday season restarts, and I've never had any issues with starting the bike.

I always use an optimiser on my bikes. over the lay up winter it pays to have it on. my motocross bike has always had it on form new and never replaced the battery, its a 2005 Yamaha 450.

I remove the battery and stick in a cupboard in the house , always fires up first time. Probably won't bother removing it next year tbh.
Forgot to fill the tank with fuel- too late now.

I'm meticulous with my bike.

I remove the battery and stick in a cupboard in the house , always fires up first time. Probably won't bother removing it next year tbh.
Forgot to fill the tank with fuel- too late now.

I'm meticulous with my bike.

yeah i didn't want to remove the battery as it says if you remove it you have to program the service info etc in if the battery's disconnect for a long time ?

My K13 would kill its battery if I didn't use an optimiser. My 4 year old RR has never really been on an optimiser (which I only bought last year after year old K13 needed new battery) and as 2002sportevo says, it always shows a full charge, and always starts first time.

Had an Oxford optimiser on mine on and off this winter after I had some strange cutting out problems when I didnt charge it last winter, all fine this spring, bike running glitch free

yeah i didn't want to remove the battery as it says if you remove it you have to program the service info etc in if the battery's disconnect for a long time ?

Been fine for me with no issues or dash lights flashing.
Not to say it's should be done if the manual advises against it though.

f6acdc54cdc748327121182c4157e352.jpg

the wife will kill me lol

Not so mine, that was my problem the other week when it wouldn't fire up and the lights on the dash were in disco mode. I thought the battery had enough charge so switched the optimizer off at the wall socket without disconnecting it from the battery so there was my lesson learnt.

Back