Badly fitting seat cover....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny130

Reaction score
First service due in a couple of weeks and mentioned this when booking with the dealer. Their response it that " none of them fit properly" but the fit on mine is shocking!

Does anyone elses fit any better than mine??

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about the rear seat cowl, they dont fit snug. although yours looks particularly bad.

Is that really within tollerances? you can almost get stuff in and out without taking it off!!!

Hi Benny, I took the washers out of mine from under the bracket on my 2013 HP4, it makes it a bit tighter but they are not that great.

Jimmy

Agree with whats already been said. They are all shocking in terms of the fit. Beggars belief given the price of the machine. It was the same on my 11RR. Yours does seem slightly worse fitting, but not by much more than the rest i've seen. Poor from BMW on the whole

Rear Seat Cowl

Mine looks very similar to that. I don't think they are designed to be flush fitting as you wouldn't be able to run the cable under it for the HP Race Datalogger.

Re: Rear Seat Cowl

Mine looks very similar to that. I don't think they are designed to be flush fitting as you wouldn't be able to run the cable under it for the HP Race Datalogger.

Possible explanation. I doubt very much its a 'bad' design job by BMW as everything else on the bike lines up perfectly (at least it does on mine).

Cowl fit is the same as mine. About the same quality as the rest of it!

Mine fits about the same too. Annoyingly mine has lost the paint on both forward corners of the seat cover just from removing and re fitting. My 2013 did exactly the same.

Back