Bad luck with rear tire ;(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks Today I noticed that I have a screw in the rear wheel what a bad luck ;(

my tire it's allmost NEW just 600 mil done so what You recommend fix it or leave it ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hi mate bad luck! I would definitely have it professionally repaired tbh, I have had a few done without a problem, the only thing that might go against you is that the screw is quite far out from center, my local tyre guy is more reluctant to repair ones like that.

You can't leave it if you do it'll blow out at high speed happened to me a couple of times - scary
I'd get it patched from the inside

hi mate bad luck! I would definitely have it professionally repaired tbh, I have had a few done without a problem, the only thing that might go against you is that the screw is quite far out from center, my local tyre guy is more reluctant to repair ones like that.
Thanks DL84 for advice ;)

You can't leave it if you do it'll blow out at high speed happened to me a couple of times - scary
I'd get it patched from the inside

Now it scared me Haha so maybe better just make a good burn out to the end and replace on NEW one ;) but do You think a patch will b ok and not blow out in high speed ?

I had a rear tyre blow on track recently, resulting in a big slide and trip through the gravel trap, if I'd been on the road it probably would have resulted in a fairly unpleasant accident. We've discussed the pro's and con's of plugging on here before, personally, on a 190bhp bike, I'd change the tyre.

I had a rear tyre blow on track recently, resulting in a big slide and trip through the gravel trap, if I'd been on the road it probably would have resulted in a fairly unpleasant accident. We've discussed the pro's and con's of plugging on here before, personally, on a 190bhp bike, I'd change the tyre.

MacRR it must be a scary experience ;( for You , ofcourse in my opinion tyre is my safe = my life . LAST time when i have a ZX6r it's happend the same but tyre was 1 week old and i fix it , so far so good no blow up to the and of life this tyre . But that was 636 and not that much power full bike like a s1000rr ...... So probably i go for NEW ;) and this one or burn make Nice movie or put on gumtree for sale ;)

btw many thanks for all advice folks

Last edited:
Tyre Repair

Personally I always replace a punctured tyre, especially race compounds, as I'm not willing to take the risk on track. That said I know quite a few people who predominantly ride on the road that have had tyres professionally repaired without issue.

It may well be fine if you plug it Thomas as you found on your ZX, ask an expert tyre fitter, but for the sake of ?100 ish for a new rear that you're going to hammer on track I'd change it

I have said this before on here , many have split opinions, as mac says it's been debated on here, but I have plugged 3 tyres because of punctures in the first 500 to 600 miles , done track days and the tyres have lasted till 3000 miles , but it is a personal choice to what your comfortable with.

The way I look at things is if I ended up in a wheel chair how pisd off id be being tight over a tire that's yo blame no comparison suck it up n get new tire !

Repair for me as well. Ive had them professionally done twice. I had the tyres on road and on track with no issues

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about plugging it from the outside I was talking about patching it from the inside
I've had it done many times and never a problem

Thanks guys for all ;)

MacRR maybe not 100? little bit more but i will swap for NEW ;) just for my peace of mind ;)

i know as many people that many opinions and many thanks for that guys ;) but that is true !This is not big money, and now I understand the not worth it put me on risk for ? 150 ;)

one more time big thanks guys !!! :chuncky:

Thanks guys for all ;)

MacRR maybe not 100? little bit more but i will swap for NEW ;) just for my peace of mind ;)

i know as many people that many opinions and many thanks for that guys ;) but that is true !This is not big money, and now I understand the not worth it put me on risk for ? 150 ;)

one more time big thanks guys !!! :chuncky:

Good decision, I would without question do the same. As someone has already stated I would never chance a repair on a nigh on 200bhp bike...

You need to be confident on the bike and not be thinking about the possibility of the tyre blowing....

As others have said, the tyre can be repaired but I guess you need to make the decision yourself based on how you'll feel when you are riding it....sounds like you've made your mind up to replace it :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back