Back Again !!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1kgaz

Reaction score
Hi all I high sided my 17 motorsport back in nov on way to work unfortunately it broke the frame and head cyclinder 18k worth of damage and promised the wife I?d be sensible so I bought an XR. Well that lasted long pick up white/red/black RR 17 1k miles cant tell u enough how I love these beasts this will be my 4th RR CANT BLOODY WAIT !!

Welcome back and congratulations on your new RR! [emoji16]

Am sorry to hear your previous RR was written off, I hope you did not sustain any injuries in the crash?

Hope you have a fantastic year ahead onboard your new steed [emoji4]

Oli

Didn?t break any bones but I did tear the muscles off my ribs, tore rotary cuff tendons and killed some nerves in my right thigh spent 3 months on tremmadol & diazepam (1 month) but refused as I was higher than the RR?s Redline and just lived with the pain . I still have some discomfort in the right lower ribs but no drugs and the care received via the nhs was 3rd world couldn?t fault the staff they have funding issues it?s not there fault but anyway I?m getting back on the RR

Awesome! Glad your back on it and it didn't put you off.

Didn?t break any bones but I did tear the muscles off my ribs, tore rotary cuff tendons and killed some nerves in my right thigh spent 3 months on tremmadol & diazepam (1 month) but refused as I was higher than the RR?s Redline and just lived with the pain . I still have some discomfort in the right lower ribs but no drugs and the care received via the nhs was 3rd world couldn?t fault the staff they have funding issues it?s not there fault but anyway I?m getting back on the RR

I?m sorry to hear you sustained some nasty injuries during the crash. I?m glad to hear that you?re recovering well all things considered, and I wish you all the best of health for your continued recovery.

Enjoy your new RR

Welcome back. Sorry to read about your crash but great that you are back on the rr.

Hi all I high sided my 17 motorsport back in nov on way to work unfortunately it broke the frame and head cyclinder 18k worth of damage and promised the wife I’d be sensible so I bought an XR. Well that lasted long pick up white/red/black RR 17 1k miles cant tell u enough how I love these beasts this will be my 4th RR CANT BLOODY WAIT !!

Welcome back - Good to hear you are recovering! Interested to hear about the high side... Were you in slick with safety net turned down or was it ice/gravel or something else?

Welcome back, out of interest, do you know what caused the high side? Poor surface? Was the DTC on? Which mode?

Congrats, Gaz. Both on getting the RR and, in getting it in the correct colour, lol.
The guys here know that I bang on about pilates, bad luck everyone, here I go again.
After a serious cycle accident many years ago when I bust some discs in my neck and back, THE best ?400 I've ever spent was on 10 sessions with a rehab physiotherapist who put me in better shape than I'd ever been (weights, stretches and pilates at home).
It's sad that the NHS can't do this properly anymore. Happy ameliorations. H

Latest posts

Back