Axle Nut for lightech Chain Adjusters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRCBLADE

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just bought some lightech chain adjusters and fitted but looks like the nut with washer when tightened will scrape the anodised black part. Any ideas of using something different so this does not happen?

I was thinking maybe the Gilles titanium but it is almost ?60 ouch :(

Thoughts appreciated
Cheers
S

The Probolt nut fits fine and is a bit cheaper,had one on my blade with lightech adjusters and did not come close to anodised parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. Then look at the state of the nut the first time you allow BMW to change your tyres, LOL. Think they used pipe pliers on mine.

JimmyMac
Lol jimmy, that's a good point though with having nice bits on your bike.
My blade wheels looked like the guy had used a screwdriver to remove wheel weights when I had tyres fitted.
Ill never have tyres changed again without removing the weights myself from now on.

Last edited:
Good shout on the wheel weights. Always take the wheels off bike myself and put them in to have tyres changed but never thought about removing weights,will do next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always removed my balance weights prior to taking the wheels for new tyres. I use a hair dryer to make the sticky bit soft and more pliable, then start twisting 'till the glue starts to break away from the wheel. That should minimize the risk of lifting the paint from the wheel.
(don't ask:upset:)

If you use a plastic implement, (filler spreader or the like) they will pop off quite easily, then I just put some de-greaser on a rag and soak residue for 15mins, it falls off.... Always tape the weight on after it's balanced, a racing habit, kin hurts if it comes off and hits you lol

If you use a plastic implement, (filler spreader or the like) they will pop off quite easily, then I just put some de-greaser on a rag and soak residue for 15mins, it falls off.... Always tape the weight on after it's balanced, a racing habit, kin hurts if it comes off and hits you lol
It's always amusing to laugh at someone else's misfortune lol
Never gave it a moments thought they would come off and hit you, that would nip a bit!

Buy a cheap balancer like ive done and balance your own wheels or make one up like Jimmy Mac did

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Back