Are these costs reasonable?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Hi All, took my bike to my local stealer, and asked them to quote on the following work, as I'm going touring in summer and want this doing. bikes a 2012 BMW s1000rr sport

Change front and rear pads
Service (bikes on about 9k miles)
Replace Chain and sprockets

The cost they've given (me after discount I think is still eye poppingly expensive, but maybe it's just me, hence I'm here asking other opinions)

They've quoted me ?760 for the lot this is after they applied a near 10% discount on the original quote.

One other question, when going for pads, should I pick ceramic race pads or sintered road pads on the brembos?

What are the differences? I mainly do road riding, however may in the future do the occasional track day in future.

Thanks for your assistance

That's taking the Pi $$ a service should be around ?260 pads replacement around ?100 chain and sprockets around ?160 including labour I make that ?520

Think it depends on what service they are doing. Some years it's a big one which is loads more than the standard.

Front pads can be around 100 a set although if you have time to search ebay i got a full set for 50 ish sbs. Decent chain and sprox will be over 150 all plus fitting not too difficult to do yourself if you want to save a few bob. You will probably want aa new set of tyres as well so good time to do while wheels are out. I think service at that milage is only oil and filters

Yeah this all parts and Labour... to be honest I can get chain and sprockets for ?150 thats DID heavy Duty Chain N Sprockets. bmw wants to charge me ?200 just for parts...all in, including labour its near ?300 just to do chain n sprocket....

They will have an hours labour rate (plus vat) and a set time to do each job.
I wouldn't be suprised if they charge ?100 an hour tho.

I'd say get the service done by BMW, but get the pads, chain and sprockets done at a decent independent. Can't see that there would be any warranty issues as they're consumables.

Latest posts

Back