Anyone purchased a Brentune for their Gen4?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33fys

Reaction score
Hey all,

anyone on here experienced purchasing direct from Brentune in the UK? If so, were there any import duties to pay on the items? Thanks!

You will pay import duties as this comes from the US.

I haven't tried it but from fueling point of view gains will be neglible as OE is already good.

Have a looks at RS2E flash that offers audible traction control as well. They might finish working on split throttles by now too.

yes I did think that. Do you mean the fuelling from factory is good?! There is research out there that proves the original mapping is all over the place though?

I will take a look at RS2E yeah. Thanks man!

You will pay import duties as this comes from the US.

I haven't tried it but from fueling point of view gains will be neglible as OE is already good.

Have a looks at RS2E flash that offers audible traction control as well. They might finish working on split throttles by now too.

US mapping isn't a reference point - the EU map is very different.
The Gen4 has Medium-Band Lambda (O2) sensors which allow for a wider range of self tuning by the ECU. So, it should be that the ECU can optimise 'on its assigned parameters' better than previous generations. But this will still be within the goals of the mapping that was configured. i.e. bit rich and safe up high and lean down low for emissions.

Another vote for RS2E though I don't know how the shipping is impacted post brexit.

Alot have weird issues with brentune. And high price

They claims are amazing but I don't know of one Isle of Man/ road racing/ bsb etc that use it

Whilst I can?t speak from personal experience, I?ve only ever heard good feedback re RS2E

The US bikes are down considerable on power from what i understand. Guess it is due to their lower ron fuel and emission laws. So the US maps/Tuners probably look like impressive gains but in reality they are just unlocking what we already have.

Getting some mixed reviews here. The way the process is, that when you receive the handheld from Bren, you download the standard map, then send to Bren for them to create a map to then upload on to the bike. During this process there is a questionnaire that comes from them, to further determine what type of map suits you. Be it from US or wherever makes no odds.

I?ve done a lot of looking around, yes other places can map the gen 4, without any question. BUT, to the level of what Bren have invested in, I am afraid not. The extensive research / trial and error makes their soloution to the Gen 4 mapping wise the most viable. Ok they cost slightly more but that?s because they supply a handheld. Also no need to have bike on the dyno either.

Don?t get me wrong, there are other alternatives than Bren, yes. But take a look at their videos, proof of their tunes etc!

Maybe we should ask actiforce/phil crowe why they don't use Brentune in Superstock...they are clearly missing out!
[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Suppose they use RS2E eh? Haha! hey....all the data is there to back it up Hehe ;-)

Like I said, don?t get me wrong, there will be many others that will tune differently!

Phil and co tune themselves the same as RS2E they have the RCKPro software from BMW so have complete, factory backed, access to change all parameters.

I personally used RS2E because they were the first using fuel cut for TC on the Gen3.

I don't know if Brentune, under the hood, use the RCKPro and then bolt on the necessary for their hand held or do it another way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Suppose they use RS2E eh? Haha! hey....all the data is there to back it up Hehe ;-)

Like I said, don?t get me wrong, there will be many others that will tune differently!

there is no data from brenn mate

there is data that he fixes well-known limited US models, but there is 0 data that his tune makes OE EU ECU produce more BHP.

on top of that there is 0 data that he makes any changes to traction control.

I reckon most of that is because he is based in the US and US customer base is just su?k.
barely anyone doing trackdays at same level as EU fellas.

Back