Another Tyre Dilemma....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin: im a convert.. I was dead wary of moving manufacturers..Michelin to Whoever.. My HP came with SCs but I done them in rapid style and was heading down the Michelin Supersport route as Ive ran 2CTs for at least 9 years (No Pilot Power 2CT in 200 section) . But on the advice of others I fired on a pair of M7RRs, they are outstanding mate. Ive done easy 2000 miles and theres bags of meat left on them.. I find them faultless, heat up quickly and retain heat whilst stationary. Feel and grip on corners is as good as youll get. There is a definite band of harder compound on the crown which helps with longevity and wear rate is amazingly good..Metz have the compound bang on I feel. I paid 234 supplied AND fitted from Strathearn.. you will not be disappointed. S

That's a great price. I paid 225 not fitted. Then 10 a tyre fitted with taking wheels off myself.

Tyre leader have been doing a pair of M7's for ?200 delivered, around here its then ?15 each to have fitted to loose wheels or ?60 ride in ride out for the pair

HaHa, minimum wage for fitting bike tyres then, could be less if you got someone under 25 to do it..

Is it worth me getting the M7RR, its rare I ride in the wet and the tread looks suited to wet conditions. I was perhaps thinking the Racetec RR might be best for me?

Last edited:
Depends on what riding you're doing? If you're doing mainly road riding with the odd track day thrown in then the M7RR (or Bridgestone S21) will give you more than enough dry grip plus wet weather capability and decent mileage to boot.

Depends on what riding you're doing? If you're doing mainly road riding with the odd track day thrown in then the M7RR (or Bridgestone S21) will give you more than enough dry grip plus wet weather capability and decent mileage to boot.
Pretty much doing what you said. I'll give them a blast

Will do!! Working tomorrow and straight out on the beer after work so Saturday scrubbing in if weather holds out, one more week of work then a week of fun over at 2016 TT.....can't wait....

M7RR are going to last more for sure and will be a better tyre in the wet also, but RR K3 are way better in everything else... in the dry and track. They have superior grip comparing with the M7RR for sure. If you do not use the bike a lot in the rain RR K3 is a better choice.

The RR K3 are good but I only got a 1000 miles out of them, which could get expensive if your doing a lot of miles.

K3s are awful in the wet and i only got 1000miles out of the rear......M7RRs are great in the wet and last A LOT longer (4k) Plenty of grip for road riding ;)

i put a new set of the m7rr's on this week and scrubbed them in today. my first impression is they dont steer as quick as my last set of pp3's but thats not a bad thing imo. there very neutral and did everything i asked of them. got 54 degrees on the left and 52 degrees on the right and got both knees down so overall a good tyre. (so far :) )

I take it the Bridgestone S21's are a new tyre? I've been informed by the dealer that my bike is being supplied with S20's which I suppose I'm fairly happy about as I'm off to Applecross at end of month and although I would prefer m7rr they're gonna be better than k3 or supercorsas.

Last edited:
Yes S21's have come out in the last few months. S20's are fine, they were original fitment on mine (and my previous S1K), got 2800 miles out of the rear.

Latest posts

Back