Another circuit closure ??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Received this to-day, support needed me-thinks !!!

Urgent help needed
Dear Keith,
Here is an email I have received from Mallory Park.

As we all know noise is an issue everywhere today, but also the amount of days available could possibly get this historic circuit closed as uneconomical venue.

So if you could send a polite email to the contact below, letting them know how you feel about the circuit and how your attendance brings money to the village and local area that would be greatly appreciated.

Things to think of:

B&Bs
Local pubs and restaurants
Local hotels
Local shops
Local fuel stations
Local camp-sites

These are all things we use when we visit Mallory and maybe you can think of a few others

Thank you all for your help

-----------------------------------------------

Dear All,

As you will no doubt be aware we are having some issues with the operation of the venue where the local council are trying to enforce the 1985 noise order for the first time after 28 years!

We have asked for support where we can from all our friends etc. This should be done initially whilst we are negotiating a settlement by emailing the local council and signing the petition set up by our supporters at the following.

Send support emails to [email protected] he is the chief executive of the council who will make the ultimate decision also please get as many as possible to sign government e petition on www.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739.

I do hope that you can find the time to support us and where possible send the details to your other colleagues, members etc.

Thanks For your help,

Kind Regards,

John Ward
General Manager

Mallory Park (Motorsport) Ltd.
Mallory Park Racing Circuit
Kirkby Mallory
Leicestershire
LE9 7QE

Web: www.focusedevents.com | Tel: 0845 026 72 72

I think this issue with Mallory has been mentioned and highlighted before - someone commented that it might be as much to do with how the circuit itself is being run and organised i.e. allowing loud noisy parties at all hours etc as opposed to the track day events themselves. If this is the case then the company that own/manage the circuit need to be addressed directly, although ive no doubt they are more than well aware. Either way it would be a true shame if the circuit were to be closed - i can think of very few corners that give me as big a rush as Gerards at full chat and lean - great little track.

Isn't it the moto x cross bikes that make most of the noise
Not that they should be kicked off anyway
It's a fucking joke
We will all have to have electric bikes before we know it
Fuck it I'm going taking my baffles out ;)

Well 28 years was a long time to do something about the noise.:stupid:

Whats the latest on all this? I quite fancy booking a track day at Mallory for later in the year but it may be pointless if its doomed!

What a nightmare - seems everyone is pulling in different directions and you can see certain points from each side - fingers crossed they all come to some sort of compromise as it really is a lovely unique little circuit and it would be a total crime to lose it to some fat developer to build houses on.

Latest posts

Back