Already in posession of HP sport silencer. Questions replacing only stock headers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tituslivius

Reaction score
At this moment I already the BMW HP akrapovic sport silencer. Now I'm thinking to replace the stock headers also. From the site van akrapovic I learned that they sell titanium headers for the 2015/2016 without the sport silencer. When I compare the installation instructions from BMW HP race exhaust and the installation of the Akrapovic titanium headers I see a big difference. The difference is the servo motor at the end of the exaust which is removed by Akra but stays with the BMW race headers.

1. Does anybody know if it's possible to replace the stock headers with BMW titanium race headers without buying the extra sport silencer (which I already have)?
2. I read everywhere that you need to unlock something in the ECU of BMW for the HP titanium race exhaust. Does anybody have experience with replacing the stock header for the Akrapovic titanium header. Do you still need to unlock the same thing in the BMW ECU? If so does that work with the akrapovic head without the servo motor at the end of the exhaust?

Akrapovič

The Akrapovič headers which are available to purchase separately will fit the Akrapovič HP slip-on. If you remove the exhaust servos from the bike when fitting them the ECU will display a fault code which can only be cleared by a BMW dealership. The HP Enabling Code for the HP Race Power Kit does a lot more than just allow you to remove the O2 sensors and exhaust servos but at the expense of restricting your warranty.

Re: Akrapovič

Does the bike still run smooth if I don't buy the HP enabling code?

The O2 sensors with the optional akra headers are installed according to the manual. Is that then different for the HP headers? Is it then still possible to use the HP Enabling Code?

It's from a brand new 2017, I'm under the impression they are ti.
A quick Google job will tell.

HP Race Enabling Code

The Akrapovič full Titanium race exhaust system which forms part of the HP Race Power Kit does away with both exhaust servos and O2 sensors as they are no longer required. If you purchase the optional Akrapovič headers to use with the Akrapovič HP slip-on then you have the option of leaving the O2 sensors fitted and the exhaust servos on the bike but disconnected from the exhaust system. Unlike the HP Race Power Kit and associated HP Enabling Code if you remove them the bike will display a fault code.

You can use the HP Enabling Code as part of the HP Race Power Kit with the optional Akrapovič headers and Akrapovič HP slip-on. Either way it will allow you to remove the sensors and servo motors that are no longer needed without the ECU displaying a fault.

The code itself irreversibly turns your ECU into a Race ECU which then restricts your warranty. It will improve the fuelling significantly along with changing the DTC, DDC and ABS algorithms in all modes to be much more track orientated hence why it's not recommended for road use.

There is very little point in fitting an Akrapovič full race system and not using the code or some other form of fuel management system to get the most from fitting it. All the HP Enabling Code does in this respect is improve the bike's fuelling for track use. It is also worth noting that you will not experience any significant increase in power or torque when fitting a full system compared to the OEM exhaust system on the 2015+ model.

Re: HP Race Enabling Code

That's very helpfull Rys1000rr. I will stick with my OEM + slip on for now. Let's see if the trackdays this year will get me to a point where a want to buy the HP Power kit.

Latest posts

Back