Almeria Sept 10th 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just asked the question about track fairings etc. are you changing yours over?

Will be my 9th visit there in as many years. 1st time on the 15 S1000RR. Can't wait.... Anyone else up for this ??

http://www.focusedevents.com/trackd...05a8f2bfb06dc26eaa669db0e9b440333a4937eb0f277
9th visit :smile-new:.. you are hopefully the man in the know then.. I've been hearing a few negative reports about Focused recently ( I've not had a problem with the uk ones I have done with them) Have all your visits been with focused ? as I guess if they were, you've not had problems with them...

Done two euros with focus. Have to say kevins attitude leaves a lot to be desired but on the whole ive never had a problem, but there again Ive never had an off out there. Yes, first 30mins of every day is almost like a rollicking at school but it does the job and makes you think, just his way of putting it across sucks and if you speak to him he comes across as god. Having said that, ive enjoyed what ive been there for and that's track time. only done 1 NL track day, just the way my timings have worked, great bunch, different attitude completely. You pays ya money you takes ya choice, I regard it as paying to enjoy my bike, not for conversations with the hierarchy :race2_smilie:

9th visit :smile-new:.. you are hopefully the man in the know then.. I've been hearing a few negative reports about Focused recently ( I've not had a problem with the uk ones I have done with them) Have all your visits been with focused ? as I guess if they were, you've not had problems with them...

you up for a euro end of the year? (when yr missus lets you ride again :))

you up for a euro end of the year? (when yr missus lets you ride again :))
ha ha ha .. Possibly going to do mettet and folembray with Mario in August ... Depends on funds and wether or not I decide to go racing ...

I've been to 3 European events two Almeria one at Cartenana, two with focused one with Hotrax, the last with focused and in short would not use them again. Once there and on track we had a great time and all went smoothly, however the lack of communication from them prior was shocking, plus the fact they over charged me by ?640 then argued about it for a week before the refund. The pick up and collection of the bikes was a shambles, I could have taken any number of bikes away with me, I will never use them again.
finally I paid ?179 for a day with Neil Hodson who wasn't even at the event, however Focused never bothered to inform me of this, and when I complained they didn't even reply.
THERE ARE BETTER COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT LOOK AFTER THE CUSTOMERS DONT USE FOCUSED.
Sorry for the rant, but they are upsetting a lot of people.

I haven't done a European track day yet, but for UK I'll never use FE again either, no limits every time for me.

Thanks for the rant Tony... I have heard similar stories on different forums... the schoolboy briefings get on my wick but I can live with them.. the customer service side that you experienced I couldn't live with .

I always use Track Sense...some have stopped and went to FE....but they always come back to Track Sense.
I can't recommend them highly enough. None of the drama mentioned above.
Davy

Yer right, their organisation skills are crap. like you say Tonyplod, once there is good.

Hi Marzy,
I am going to Almeria September 10-13, I have been 4 times, twice last year and was there at Easter this year.

Hope to see you there, mine is red/white with AR GP1 can.

Cheers,

Mark

Nice one. This is my 9th visit there Mark, love the circuit and Mojacar area where our hotel is. You flying out 9th Sept from Gatwick?

No, same day but from Exeter, we live in Devon, staying for a week until 16th.

Going to the TT next Thursday on the BMW :)

Cheers,

Mark
Do you know Dave from Exeter who has an Aprilia dealership? He goes out there every year in Sept.

Hi Marzy,

Yes, I know all the Exeter crew, I have bought bikes from Dave and go in there often, as expected, I get some gentle ribbing about the BM, but I still have my Tuono V4 and they are very helpful guys at SP

My BM is all ready for the trip to the TT, new tyres, brake pads, oil/filter, comfort seat :)

Cheers,

Mark

Back