Almeria Sept 10th 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still loads of time to book this Loupe. We need a BMW contingent there :Banane57:

I'd love to go Marzy, I'm off to Orlando in October with the family and a friend has literally just asked
me to ride a Harley was him for a week in America in July!
It's my friends wish to do so, rucksack on and go with the flow.
His ill health will dictate whether we can go or not, I really hope it can happen.

I'd love to go Marzy, I'm off to Orlando in October with the family and a friend has literally just asked
me to ride a Harley was him for a week in America in July!
It's my friends wish to do so, rucksack on and go with the flow.
His ill health will dictate whether we can go or not, I really hope it can happen.
No problem Loupe. You have a great time in Orlando and hope to see you on track in Spain one day.

I would love to do this, what do you take over to account for all eventualities?
Im thinking full replacement fairings, levers and pegs, several tyres for each wheel, full tool box etc??

Not unless you're planning on crashing a lot :(

You can take bike, clothes bag, tool box, tyres/wheels, chairs, that's it.

you can pre order tyres but they don't have a big choice, mainly Dunlop slicks.

We are going on this one, we were there at Easter as well, it's a great circuit.

Lol ok, all new to this as you can see!
So if you slide your bike you could gaffer tape it up and go on track again,presuming it was a slow low side ? Would hate to make the effort to get there then find that I couldn't use it if I had an off.
Is petrol available on track too?

Yes Loupe, You buy a Jerry can around 30 euro's from the organisers in the pits.
Never say never and all that, but I've completed 32 track day's around Almeria without going into the gravel........fxxk it that's done it lol. Far better to go off track there than into a Massey Fergusson over here if you know what I mean.
We take long life ready made meals in our kit and heat it up for lunch. Yorkshire Tea is a must too.

If it's FE you can take 2 spare tyres, toolbox, chair, kit bag that's about it. small spares ie clip ons, levers etc go in tool box depending on how many rolls of gaffa tape you take :). If yr sensible you leave the balls out riding until the last day or just sit and watch the others on yr crutches lol. Yr spose to ship with an empty tank and buy the petrol from FE when you there.
+ as Marzy said :)

Last edited:
Yes Loupe, You buy a Jerry can around 30 euro's from the organisers in the pits.
Never say never and all that, but I've completed 32 track day's around Almeria without going into the gravel........fxxk it that's done it lol. Far better to go off track there than into a Massey Fergusson over here if you know what I mean.
We take long life ready made meals in our kit and heat it up for lunch. Yorkshire Tea is a must too.
Great tips re food. You're right about sliding off track rather than on the road Marzy. 32 track days there, superb!

If it's FE you can take 2 spare tyres, toolbox, chair, kit bag that's about it. small spares ie clip ons, levers etc go in tool box depending on how many rolls of gaffa tape you take :). If yr sensible you leave the balls out riding until the last day or just sit and watch the others on yr crutches lol. Yr spose to ship with an empty tank and buy the petrol from FE when you there.
+ as Marzy said :)
Thanks BM, I'd deff be taking it easy, don't fancy going to hospital over there.

Thanks BM, I'd deff be taking it easy, don't fancy going to hospital over there.

Hospital is good over there...your insurance company is paying so you get treated like a lord.
Problem is getting out :)

Haha yep, I don't fancy it much. Will test the water with new bike at knockhill tropical circuit first, can't be much warmer in Almeria surely?

When you heading up to KH, post on here cause I may be up and can say Hi.

Hoping to hook up with a few guys who go down fairly regularly after I get the new bike and the service out the way.
Was wanting to make the BMW weekend last week but with all my bike problems it wasn't possible.
This is all new to me but really keen to give it a go.

Hi Marzy,
I am going to Almeria September 10-13, I have been 4 times, twice last year and was there at Easter this year.

Hope to see you there, mine is red/white with AR GP1 can.

Cheers,

Mark
i'm thinking of doing the race for fun at Almeria Mark.

Back