AGGGHH Diesel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
I've only gone and done it! Was not paying attention at the pumps an put in ?2 of Diesel before coming to my senses (tank was half full of petrol). Had no phone and only live a mile away so I rode the bike back very slowly in the hope that I would only use the fuel that was already in the pipes....

What are my options. I can take the tank off to drain it but I don't have the tools to take the plugs out to give them a clean. Should I do what I can or do I give BMW a call to pick the bike up and fix it. Bike is a 2yr old HP4 with 5K miles on it. Any idea how much BMW will charge to clean this out?

Thanks

Done exact same on my Blade couple of years ago at our local Morrisons who thought they were hoping to look eco savvy with a green cover thing over the black handle... my tank was almost empty and I filled up with diesel...came to a spluttering halt 30 yds up the road.

Im ashamed to say my mate nipped back to my place, got a length of hose and I syphoned the tank dry...erm into a shrub bed behind the garage..topped up with fresh PETROL ran it for a few mins ..bingo.. ran faultlessly.. diesel in petrol is ok its the other way about thats potentially catastrophic... syphon and top up.. I reckon you should be ok.

I reckon thats all the dealer will do..save yourself hassle and money... fuel filter jumps into my head there also

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the day I make that same mistake too sharp edge.

Empty it , fill it. You'll be fine :)

I did that too
was low on fuel and filled it up with diesel oops
was 100 miles from home ,so I symphoned as much as I could and filled up with super unleaded and rode home with no prob��

I'm waiting for the day I make that same mistake too sharp edge.

Empty it , fill it. You'll be fine :)

Nice one soofsayer, ain't nothing sharp in my forum name anymore. Might just call myself bozo the blunt edge...:) have a 5lt can of proper fuel to go into the tank once I've chucked out the junk fuel.

Thanks for support chaps.

Tank off and emptied, there is no clean way to pour the fuel out. A syphon idea may have been the way to go. All back together and it would not start for toffee. Took the tank off and I had not put the fuel pipe in properly. Popped it in and started on the first crank of the starter.

Tank off and emptied, there is no clean way to pour the fuel out. A syphon idea may have been the way to go. All back together and it would not start for toffee.
Thats sods law and the point when you swear as you think you've completed knacked it, then you stop think and its sorted!
Glad it worked out ok

I did this also last weekend - eco-friendly green label on the diesel pump, plus the hose was placed to the right of the unleaded while the normal black diesel pump was at the far left (so the eco diesel looked like it was super unleaded). 100% my fault but MOTO garage on M$ could have done more to help me from my own stupidity. I of course broke down on the M4 and had to be taken to a BMW dealer who charged me ?260 to clean out the fuel pump and change the ruined plugs.

I've only gone and done it! Was not paying attention at the pumps an put in ?2 of Diesel before coming to my senses (tank was half full of petrol). Had no phone and only live a mile away so I rode the bike back very slowly in the hope that I would only use the fuel that was already in the pipes....

What are my options. I can take the tank off to drain it but I don't have the tools to take the plugs out to give them a clean. Should I do what I can or do I give BMW a call to pick the bike up and fix it. Bike is a 2yr old HP4 with 5K miles on it. Any idea how much BMW will charge to clean this out?

Thanks

Hi I've done exactly the same last Monday;) bmw assistance took my bm to bmw service, all story u can find under Your;) but to de end my bill for everything including new sparks plugs diagnostics and cleaning cost me 93? ;) so no worries and everything will be ok ;)

best regards Thomas

Latest posts

Back