Aching wrists, sore arse....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagalout

Reaction score
Eyes on stalks and the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time!

Finally got chance to take the new bike out a week after buying it! Got in a good 90 miles in the dales on mostly dry roads (apart from the farmers mud that nearly caught me out)

It's a long time since I've ridden a sports bike after owning a GS for 5 years, and I'd forgotten just how exhilarating they are on the right traffic free road. The bike is immense - I can't believe the smooth power from right down in the rev range and the way it builds into a proper crescendo of power and noise above 10k.

Really fantastic couple of hours - can't wait for proper spring and a few track days :)

https://flic.kr/p/S3NgWg

Yes, I agree too. Took mine out for a short blast today and felt that same exhilaration. I took the liberty of looking through your album. I've also done the First World War trenches but at the Somme. Also did Dunkirk and the landing beaches in Normandy. My dear old dad was at both, one of the last off at Dunkirk and one of the first back on at Gold beach. Also been to see Just Jane and been fortunate to be shown around and had the taxy ride (not a taxi ride which is something completely different) Seems we have similar interests Sagalout:encouragement:

Yes, I agree too. Took mine out for a short blast today and felt that same exhilaration. I took the liberty of looking through your album. I've also done the First World War trenches but at the Somme. Also did Dunkirk and the landing beaches in Normandy. My dear old dad was at both, one of the last off at Dunkirk and one of the first back on at Gold beach. Also been to see Just Jane and been fortunate to be shown around and had the taxy ride (not a taxi ride which is something completely different) Seems we have similar interests Sagalout:encouragement:

Yeah, I've done the WW1 and WW2 sights a few times now, with friends and then last year my son. Just Jane was probably one of the best experiences of my life though. What position did you get for the actual ride? I was in the tailgunner seat and when the engines fired up I close my eyes and tried to imagine being back in 1941. I love the museum at East Kirkby - proper old school, smelling like an old workshop, not the sanitised feeling of so many modern expensive museums.

Aching wrists? Check your levers are positioned so that you can reach them with a straight wrist/hand.
You should be able to place a hand over the bar and lever so that the line they are in continues up the forearm.

Otherwise build some core strength :p. (Pot, kettle, black etc)

Yeah, more just out of practice after spending such a long time on an upright bike (with a comfy seat!). Core strength is actually fine - no back ache or anything - so won't take long to get the muscle memory back!

Yeah, I've done the WW1 and WW2 sights a few times now, with friends and then last year my son. Just Jane was probably one of the best experiences of my life though. What position did you get for the actual ride? I was in the tailgunner seat and when the engines fired up I close my eyes and tried to imagine being back in 1941. I love the museum at East Kirkby - proper old school, smelling like an old workshop, not the sanitised feeling of so many modern expensive museums.

Yes, I've been a few times myself to East Kirkby and agree about the museum there. My position in Just Jane, was in the mid upper turret. Though the "guns" at that time were wooden "replicas" painted black!

I think this was your rear gunner position.

And my position is just visible.

Back