A long weekend in Mid to South Wales

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, the wife and I have just returned from a great long weekend based in Llanwrtyd Wells. Just thought I'd pop on here with a few points:

1) Riverbank bed and breakfast. A great place to stay. They have a garage for bikers to use, the owner is a biker so it ticks all the boxes. It's clean, reasonably priced and the shower was amazing.
IMG_7514.jpeg

2) The pub up the road (Neuadd Arms) is good, food really hits the spot and the ale is good. Beer is a tad pricey (compared to my local) but overall good value.

3) The mountain road from Brynamman to Llangadog (A4069) looks great on street view ect, but it's pretty rough tarmac in places, wild horses and sheep, and 40 MPH average cameras for the whole thing. The view at the top is good though!
IMG_5178.jpeg

4) Everywhere below Llanwrtyd Wells is over zealous with the 20 limits. So many places where there used to be national limits are now 30 or 40 mph. 50 if your lucky. Locals don't seem to obey any of them!

We did about 500 miles over the 3 days, the RR was flawless. I'm genuinely impressed with how versatile the bike is, it's an absolute pleasure to cover miles on.

Attachments

• 1F07AF7C-457B-4867-B8C2-9F4A97FB69B8.jpeg
    1F07AF7C-457B-4867-B8C2-9F4A97FB69B8.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5174.jpeg
    IMG_5174.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Stayed there with my wife last weekend! Really nice hotel and peace of mind to have the bikes locked away with all the theft going on at the moment.

Latest posts

Back