Mid Week 350 miler

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Nice run today lads.... Dumbarton...thru Glen Coe... really blustery..stopped for some images and my new lid 3 weeks old blew over and trundled on the road about 10 yds before I caught it... nitemare. I was taking some pics for here and couldnt believe what I saw...

ForumRunner_20160512_001026.jpg

ForumRunner_20160512_001036.jpg

ForumRunner_20160512_001045.jpg

Anyhow we diverted to Kinlochleven as I wanted to ride the 8 miler down the opposite side..got to say contrary to the opinions of others neither of us were that impressed, not great for a Superbike, long fork travel and smaller wheels ie a supermoto would be amazing fun on it, but not for an HP or Gixxer. You can see the road on the opposite bank from our elevated position

ForumRunner_20160512_001859.jpg

ForumRunner_20160512_001909.jpg

ForumRunner_20160512_001926.jpg

On up to Fort William and on Down to Mallaig... its really quite poorly surfaced, id say about 60pc is not in good shape... just saying for those that want to head down there. Stopped for some images on way back

ForumRunner_20160512_002109.jpg

ForumRunner_20160512_002133.jpg

Then we headed North to Spean Bridge to our favourite road.. 40 miles of amazing contours on the A86 To Dalwhinnie Distillery, Its a real peach... no images sorry.. couldnt stop.. enjoyed it too much.. Down A9 into Aberfeldy, Crianlarich and down Loch Lomondside.. and home... 12 hours all told .. superb weather .. safe riding... great day out damage to my lid is a bummer tho... grrrr.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160512_002118.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160512_002118.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
brilliant stu that's a cracking run , shame about your lid mate done that before totally trashed my visor, shame about the Mallaig road been a long while but I always thought it was a cracker, they need to get there finger out and fix it lol

Fantastic pics, and sounds like a great day apart from the lid!
Thanks for sharing.

Good write up, thanks for sharing.....the Spean Bridge to Dalwhinnie Road is a favourite of 'our group' as well......my mate Alex introduced me to it.......awesome, looking forward to taking the S1000RR over it. We've got an overnighter planned for Friday 20th May up that way and onto the outskirts of Skye, stop over for the night and make a day of it on the Saturday

Hi stu, I've moved the thread to here :). Sorry to see what happened to your lid, hopefully it'll get sorted as Jimmy says with a paintjob ;). Thanks for the pics and road info. So disappointing about the mallaig road, it was a few years back when I rode it and it was a beauty. Good to see you guys have had some better weather :).

Good write up, thanks for sharing.....the Spean Bridge to Dalwhinnie Road is a favourite of 'our group' as well......my mate Alex introduced me to it.......awesome, looking forward to taking the S1000RR over it. We've got an overnighter planned for Friday 20th May up that way and onto the outskirts of Skye, stop over for the night and make a day of it on the Saturday

No way.that's what were doing lol... Maybe we can hook up somewhere along the way. Thanks for the comments lads and that's exactly what I thought about the lid Jimmy. I'll get it painted during the shut down. Lol

Hi stu, I've moved the thread to here :). Sorry to see what happened to your lid, hopefully it'll get sorted as Jimmy says with a paintjob ;). Thanks for the pics and road info. So disappointing about the mallaig road, it was a few years back when I rode it and it was a beauty. Good to see you guys have had some better weather :).

Cheers Soof. Was it in the wrong bit ?. I was shattered last night when I posted.

I was up Glen Coe yesterday as well and you're right about the wind, it was a pain in the ass. It was like being pushed and shoved from all angles while trying to ride. I was scunnered by the time I got home.

Went out again today up to Tyndrum, Dalmally, Oban, Lochgilphead, Inveraray, back up to Dalmally, Callendar then home. Quality!

I was up Glen Coe yesterday as well and you're right about the wind, it was a pain in the ass. It was like being pushed and shoved from all angles while trying to ride. I was scunnered by the time I got home.

Went out again today up to Tyndrum, Dalmally, Oban, Lochgilphead, Inveraray, back up to Dalmally, Callendar then home. Quality!

Total Quality Certi !

Latest posts

Back