2nd Hand Clocks / Reprogramming? Help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thirteen

Hi guys... (and maybe girls)

I am newbie here so apologies if this question has been asked before. Just bought a S1000rr 2010 race bike. The bike has been crashed and the last owner replaced the clocks with a 2nd hand set from USA. Haven't ridden the bike yet but he tells me that the ABS and DTC are now permanently off. Didn't bother him as was racing on roads and didn't like interference. I just would like to get bike back to mint with everything working (although may still turn it off). I think DTC may be useful for wet races. The Brake failure light is also permanently lit but there is no issue with brakes.

I have spoken to local BMW motorrad and they were as much use as a chocolate teapot. I have to wait three weeks for an appointment for diagnostic. Anyone any experience of having clocks reprogrammed? I don't want the to touch my ECU as I have it flashed and set up with new fueling and shifter settings.

Any help from anyone with experience would be great. Or if anyone has contact details for a BMW mechanic would be good. Tried to find detail for a Buildbase or Bathams BSB team to get their mechanics a shout but so far no luck.

TBH it's not easy to get clocks reprogrammed by BMW, but swapping a set of clocks over usually only flags up a fault in the mileage (it is logged in the ECU and Clocks), so about 3/5 mile difference between the two flags up an error.

It shouldn't actually cause any problems with the running of the bike, and things like ABS/DTC should still work fine. It sounds to me like there is something else at fault, and plugging the bike into a diagnostic unit is the best step. Be worth getting yourself a 911 diagnostic unit, they can be gold for solving problems like these.

Latest posts

Back