2D GPS lap timer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducatist3v3

Reaction score
Hi, anyone fitted one of these along with the Alpha Racing switchgear?
Trying to work out which button activates the timer when not able to get an automatic start/finish line reference..thanks :0)

alpha Racing

alpha Racing can be emailed directly using the address below and they should be able to assist you. Just make sure that you set the laptimer to TRIG AUTO or TRIG MANUAL in the setup menu once they have confirmed the correct button combination on the switch gear. By selecting TRIG EXTERN in the setup menu the onboard laptimer will only function if the 2D GPS Laptrigger has located a Start/Finish line.

[email protected]

I have one and it took me a while to find the right buttons. I found it was the heated grip button I needed to push for 2s to set a new start line when above ~50kph. You will know it's worked because the unit will flash very quickly 12hz to indicate its within a few km of the start.

Alos make sure sure you are on the timer page on the menu. Finally the timer won't start right away, you need to pass back through your new created start line again.

If you don't have heated grips you will need to experiment, but one button will pull down the voltage to 0v

Thanks guys, will try out when on track in a few weeks. I appreciate your help :0)

Re: alpha Racing

Hi again, where is the trigger auto/manual setting to be found ? Is this the same on a 2012 model? Flipping thing lol.

Onboard Laptimer

Have a look in your Owner's Manual as it will tell you where in the setup menu that the onboard laptimer can be configured.

Been looking through the manual but can't see the trigger settings as you've described...will have another look though 👍🏽

You are correct, there is no setting for the 2012. Its page 88 for reference. I would suggest however you try this before getting to the track, since its not something that's easy to play with on track.

What I found is that the start line 2D set is there, but its a window of ~5m across the ground, so its possible to miss at speed if you are slightly off line, or there is a little satellite shift. Therefore I have ended up using the manual setting a lot on track. there is also shift morning to Pm to warn you!

To test, use a mulitmeter connected to the pins, and check to see when you have a floating ground, or a pulldown, based on button presses.

Thought so!!...will check the pins later to see if The button press registers. Thanks mate, I appreciate your input. 👍🏽

Latest posts

Back