24 Grand HP4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys..
Noob to the site and everyone's entitled to opinion etc but I got to say I've used the dealership you guys are slating for buying, selling and servicing for years now.....I treat them fairly and they do the same for me...they offer a price on my bike and a price on there bike and if I can afford it...I buy it! Isn't that how it works?? That hp4 is way more that I can afford but surly somone in time will think it's an investment surly as you can't buy one new...we can all agree it's the pinnacle of superbikes and when registered it will be the only bike on that plate and the milage won't get any lower than it is?
If I had somthing that people dream of owning and it was the only one left on the planet I don't think I'd give it away...I'd want a premium..

Only 24 grand? Was down at Box Hill on Saturday and some bloke came up to me and told me that his mate just bought a fully loaded S1000RR for ?25 grand. Should have asked him if he wanted to buy another one.

Guys..
Noob to the site and everyone's entitled to opinion etc but I got to say I've used the dealership you guys are slating for buying, selling and servicing for years now.....I treat them fairly and they do the same for me...they offer a price on my bike and a price on there bike and if I can afford it...I buy it! Isn't that how it works?? That hp4 is way more that I can afford but surly somone in time will think it's an investment surly as you can't buy one new...we can all agree it's the pinnacle of superbikes and when registered it will be the only bike on that plate and the milage won't get any lower than it is?
If I had somthing that people dream of owning and it was the only one left on the planet I don't think I'd give it away...I'd want a premium..

Ok, thanks. Welcome to the forum. It's forum policy for new-comers to post in the Welcome section first.

And no, a bike with a list price of 21k is not worth ?24+k 3 years later with ~5000 examples out there.

Last edited:
Only 24 grand? Was down at Box Hill on Saturday and some bloke came up to me and told me that his mate just bought a fully loaded S1000RR for ?25 grand. Should have asked him if he wanted to buy another one.

Lol. ;)

Ok, thanks. Welcome to the forum. It's forum policy for new-comers to post in the Welcome section first.

And no, a bike with a list price of 21k is not worth ?24+k 3 years later with ~5000 examples out there.
5000 world wide but how many hp4 in the uk ? and how many been binned by now they are getting less all the time,

A Motorsport 2010 0 miles would be nice , but I think the days of buying bike for investment went ages ago hp 4 is a lovely bike but still a tarted up s1000 , not really a game changer the dealers would have you think . Id like to have a 1089r Baylis 0 miles or a Desmo for investment .

A Motorsport 2010 0 miles would be nice , but I think the days of buying bike for investment went ages ago hp 4 is a lovely bike but still a tarted up s1000 , not really a game changer the dealers would have you think . Id like to have a 1089r Baylis 0 miles or a Desmo for investment .
Desmo are great bikes but read up on them they prone to catch fire believe it or not, In my opinion Ducats seem to rattle toooo much for my liking, but there are loads of bikes that are investments now, But its not just the dealers saying about hp4 its also in loads of mags, But i also think the hp4 won't go up in value But its not half nice to own one it gets me smiling all day pal :joyous:

i also think the hp4 won't go up in value But its not half nice to own one it gets me smiling all day pal :joyous:

HP4Cs seem to be holding their value better than the new bike, if you can find one to buy. Good old supply and demand. I bought mine because the 2nd gen bike is/was a brilliant machine, with ddc it's even more so. Adding in the short production run it ticked all the boxes for me. Don't really care about it as an investment, it was bought to be ridden and enjoyed, when I'm not drooling over it in the garage lol.

Hi Sissy, I don't buy bikes for investment but to ride them and a joy them at every opportunity, however going back as little as 2013 when the HP4 came out it was as much a game changer to production bikes as the R1 was back in the day. First bike with launch control, DDC as well as what it did in its first ever race with Sylvian Barrier on it, in Superstock trim.

Taken from the FIM official site.
The resounding double win of Chaz Davies in the Superbike class hasn't been the only reason for BMW to consider the MotorLand Aragon Round one of the best pages in the history of the Brand so far. The new BMW HP4 bike made its debut in the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup last weekend and was ridden by Reigning Champion Sylvain Barrier to a dominant race victory. The direct evolution of the S 1000 RR, featuring the innovative DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) system, is the new pride of everyone involved in the BMW Motorrad WSBK Project, starting from General Manager Andrea Buzzoni.

"Last weekend, the brand new BMW HP4 equipped with DDC made its debut in the Superstock Championship" said Buzzoni. "Thanks to the development work that the team have done over the last three months, BMW wrote an important page in the history of motorcycle racing as it is the first bike to win with an innovative electronic damping system. I want to congratulate both the team along with our colleagues in Munich for developing the system and Sylvain, who knows how to make perfect use of this new technology: Sylvain dominated the whole weekend right from free practice up until Sunday morning's race."

Technology NEVER stands still and the 2015+ bikes are now so much more advanced in many respects as will the 2017+ bikes and so it goes on. BMW have never made a bad bike and never will.

But a Tarted up S1000rr a HP4 is not.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
How many owners of the new RR get approached by random people asking if they are willing to sell there bike...
i agree tho...my carbon was bought to ride as well as admire

You boys love your bike no doubt , my point was the hiked up price of unused one hence topic 24 g hp4 and it up for sale for more than it would cost .

I went into dealer he said to make a hp4 better buy a 2015 model !

Latest posts

Back