2017-2018 S1000RR Dash Fault

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpck210

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced display faults with their dash on the latest models?

The 2018 has a problem with the speedometer resetting itself when the ignition is turned off and since the first service my s1000rr doesn?t display a water temp reading at all? It completely disappeared?

Display Issue

The most common issue experienced by owners relates to the lean angle display disappearing from the dash. This predominantly affected 2015/16 models and was typically caused by loose battery terminals, insufficient battery charge, or the bikes software needed updating. I would personally check those things to start with and make sure that the dash is fully plugged in. If that doesn?t resolve the issue then I would take it to a BMW dealership and ask them to check for any fault codes as the bike may have a faulty or loose sensor.

The sensor works fine as the fans kick in.. definitely a faulty dash imo, I have noticed the dash pops off easily though? Seems to be a poor design, I?m really disappointed to be fair as this is the first non Jap bike I?ve had and I never had a problem with jap bikes ever...

The sensor works fine as the fans kick in.. definitely a faulty dash imo, I have noticed the dash pops off easily though? Seems to be a poor design, I?m really disappointed to be fair as this is the first non Jap bike I?ve had and I never had a problem with jap bikes ever...
Not a normal fault so take it back, no need to mess about further.

- Alex

Display Issue

If it is an issue with the dash it should be covered by the warranty on such a new bike.

Yeah it is they need to diagnose the issue before they decide what to do, it?s booked in so I?ll update when I know but it?s definitely a new dash...

Latest posts

Back