2015 rear sets and levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all

just wondered what rear sets and levers you have fitted to your 2015 s1000 rrs. Any pics and feedback appreciated.

i know the hp ones are good quality, but are they worth the money lightec and pazzo or any other equivalents? Mcn have just done a lever comparison, and the bad dog at ?29 look the same as the pazzo at 149. These were not for a BMW but for a general cross section.

Kind regards

Dean

HP Levers & Rearsets

I have the HP Levers and Rearsets fitted to my 2015 S1000RR. Whilst they may be a little bit expensive they offer a huge range of adjustability. They are also made by Gilles on behalf of BMW so the quality is exceptional. Highly recommended.

P1020515_zpskcktjqf1.jpg

P1020517_zpsdvalanxu.jpg

image.jpg2_zpshvxznx6p.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsfvtpq0bd.jpg

Ultimately the levers are just a cosmetic upgrade but the HP ones do look the business, anything else is just a compromise. The HP rearsets though are expensive but an awesome bit of engineering. There adjustability to get that perfect riding position justified their expense alone. There is always a healthy demand for used HP parts should you wish to sell them later and you will recoup a good portion of your initial outlay.

HP Levers

I would disagree that the HP Levers are merely for cosmetics only. The adjustability is very useful in terms of brake span adjustment on track when brake fade can be an issue. Having an adjustable clutch lever is always practical especially as the OEM clutch lever is limited at best. Overall I find them a lot better than the OEM levers.

Hi,
I have BMW (Gilles) levers, would definitely recommend them.

I have Bonamici rearsets, wish I had gone with the BMW HP (Gilles) ones, they have much more adjustment, the Bonamici set are fine for track use, but for road use, I would prefer to set them lower and you cannot.

In summary, I would say go with the HP for both.

Gilles make other levers for the RR. Under their own FX branding, they have span adjustment like the HP parts - I have them and Attack Performance rearsets (2012 model).

If I was doing levers again though, I would fit a Brembo RCS as the brake lever and a matching Brembo clutch lever (I believe this loses me the clutch span adjustment but I can deal with that better than non matching levers! :) )

For the rearsets, BMW HP, Gilles, Attack Performance and Lightech seem to be the most popular.

Maybe a silly question but does anyone know if the exhaust hanger can be removed from the HP rearsets for a 2015/2016 model?

HP Rearsets

Yes; the exhaust hanger bracket can be removed from the 2015/16 HP Rearsets. They come supplied with a small spacer which fits in its place.

P1020848_zps53y9sirp.jpg

Hi all,

I originally purchased Pazzo levers for the bike they are compatible with the extra addition of Cruise Control

Seemed perfectly fine but I grabbed a HP lever set on eBay, swapped and sold the
Pazzos.

The HP's are lush, well made, ping up in the event of an off & have an aerodynamic gap in the lever for high speed. Never had an issue when completely flat out with the Pazzo levers being pushed in though.

Rearsets wise I have Giamoto's. CNC precision made third set I have had off this company & look the best.
Admittedly HP's are top dog, but on eBay again I paid half that (similar price new) & I only wanted gripper pegs for wet riding use..

Perfectly happy & wont be changing as I have managed to get a Yoshi R55, HP levers & Giamoto Rearsets all for the price of an OEM Akra slip on.

Hey Kennybush

The R55 looks nice & is quite tidy. My bike suffers from the 'cruise control right bias lean' which is dimished with the lighter can.

Happy to send a couple of videos of the sound if you private message me your whatsapps details

It's louder but deeper and has an insane crackle on the overrun from 6.5k rpm down to 3.6k rpm when compared to stock.
Not sure if my neighbours enjoy it at 6.20am! Just try not to rev it much

Ive got Pazzo Shorty levers fitted ( personal preference on every bike I've owned, where possible)

Fitment was straight forward and hassle free. Plenty of adjustment and i like the profile of the levers.

But it's all about what feels good to you! :tennis:

Hey Kennybush

The R55 looks nice & is quite tidy. My bike suffers from the 'cruise control right bias lean' which is dimished with the lighter can.

Happy to send a couple of videos of the sound if you private message me your whatsapps details

It's louder but deeper and has an insane crackle on the overrun from 6.5k rpm down to 3.6k rpm when compared to stock.
Not sure if my neighbours enjoy it at 6.20am! Just try not to rev it much

That would be good Westy. I'll pm you my number.

Re: HP Levers

i very much doubt he will have standard levers. he wont even have standard m/c. he will have remote span adjuster on his brake too.

i very much doubt he will have standard levers. he wont even have standard m/c. he will have remote span adjuster on his brake too.

Depending on the class he is running, they are limited to the modifications they do.

He actually runs Alpha Racing levers (which are made by TWM of ItalY) on his S1000RR, which you can see in the picture shot at NW200 (see below). Alpha/TWM levers are mostly used on the Motorrad race bikes and not the HP levers which they sell as an upgrade at the dealership.

NW200-2016-Michael-Dunlop-5.jpg

Latest posts

Back