HP rear sets and levers fitted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have just had the HP rearsets and levers fitted. Firstly but not really that important they look simply stunning on the bike. The look is completed by the carbon fibre heel guards that I was not expecting. The levers are really nice but ultimately they were just a cosmetic upgrade. They feel slightly better but the adjustment is not that much different from stock. I hardly ever use the clutch now so that lever was only really to balance the look.

However the rearsets are a totally different scenario. There is so much adjustability in them to get them just right. I never really understood the benefits this could bring until I had a play with them. I just thought that the foot pegs could be adjusted through four settings, 1 lower, 0 stock setting and 2 higher for better clearance on track. I'm not a track rider (yet ) so I wasn't interested in raising the pegs. What I didn't appreciate is that the pegs are also on a sliding mechanism that allows them to be moved back and forwards at about a 30degree angle, which raises them and lowers them to get them just right. You can then adjust the gear or brake lever to bring it forward or back to suit your boot size. The gear and brake lever also rotates through 360 degrees so you can get it to sit on your boot in the perfect place. Due to a parachuting accident a long time ago my right foot naturally points t between 1 and 2 o'clock. I previously couldn't touch the rear brake pedal. I now have it set up that I can use it, which is great for slow riding control.

They came with an easy to follow manual and adjusting is by simply loosening a torx screw. I am one very satisfied customer. A big thank you to Bahnstormer Maidenhead as they were the only dealer who were prepared to offer me a discount on them.

Latest posts

Back