2015 quickshifter not working

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
Done about 350 miles on my 2015 bike now but the quick shifter had decided not to work today I've been well pissed off having to use the clutch to shift down the gears and had to shut off the throttle to shift up, got to take it back Monday to get it looked at

Hopefully just an adjustment but that's not very good is it? Apart from that how did you find the bike?

Apart from that the bike is awsome my only gripe is the pegs are a bit high but I got some rearsets on order to cure that

The ones from BMW, gilles hp ones I ordered them 8 days ago I been told they are on back order so not sure when I will get them

Hi mate do you have the BMW alarm fitted? I have my quick shifter didn't work when I picked the bike , took it straight back all he had to do was lift the bike up and run through the gears to rest the quick swifter

no mate I didn't have the alarm, I may give that a try they did that to my 2012 bike before when the qs wasn't working to well

well my bike is fixed it was a faulty micro switch under the clutch leaver

well my bike is fixed it was a faulty micro switch under the clutch leaver

I check mine(regardless of year) every day I use the bike.It only takes a second to listen for the click when you operate the lever.
So many people moan about the gearbox when the problem is usually levers//clutch switch/rearsets/chain tension and even boots!

The ones from BMW, gilles hp ones I ordered them 8 days ago I been told they are on back order so not sure when I will get them

Did you pay full price for them? They are nice rearsets but bloody expensive. Good you sorted the Q shifter, nothing too serious.

Having said that the Sports Bike Shop have rearsets for the 2015 for ?418. Are BMW's ?500?

SES should have some soon.They have the measurements and,as they are near to me,will contact me for a trial fitting soon(I hope).

Actually,looking at the frame in that area,it wouldn't do for the rearsets to be too strong as an off would probably snap the frame lugs!(and if they were too weak,the swingarm will cop it)!

I change levers on mine
then the quickshifter and cruise control stopped working ,it was that the new levers didn't activat the second micro switch under clutch lever

What levers did you fit?
I fitted Evotech and lost QS and cruise. Fitted standard back on and still no QS or cruise. Not happy right now

Hi , I had the same problem with the microswitch after putting new levers on but I managed to fix it fairly easily and it is hopefully a permanent solution. I straightened the swith and got an old bicycle spoke ( thin but not flexible) , i trimmed it to the same length and then used that as a splint for the switch to stop it ever bending again because they seem so flimsy , I then used a piece of heat shrink tubing to hold the switch and splint firmly in place and hey presto , all works fine again and im confident the switch won't bend a second time.

SES should have some soon.They have the measurements and,as they are near to me,will contact me for a trial fitting soon(I hope).

Actually,looking at the frame in that area,it wouldn't do for the rearsets to be too strong as an off would probably snap the frame lugs!(and if they were too weak,the swingarm will cop it)!

I fitted knurled pegs on flip ups for that reason, front and rear axle sliders and crash bungs should save the swing arm

Back