2015 Front Wheel Bearings Stiff to Rotate

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty5364

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wondered if anybody has had a problem with their front wheel bearings being stiff to rotate?

As after having the front tyre replaced for the first time, the mechanic who changes my tyres pointed out that my front wheel bearings are notchy and difficult to rotate. Especially when compared to the rear wheel bearings.

My motorcycle is a 2015 model and has only covered 1640 miles.

Initially, I took the wheel to BMW Service Department hoping for a quick fix under warranty. But unfortunately, all their mechanics were busy so was unable to have the wheel inspected/repaired on that occasion. Due to work commitments, I won?t be able to get my motorcycle to the Dealership until next month. The Service Manager explained that they will require the whole motorcycle in order for me to make a warranty claim, as they need to plug it into their computer. I explained that my motorcycle is currently under SORN and he kindly said that they would collect and return it after rectification. I thought to myself that this wonderful, but my only concern is that my bike is currently fitted with a track fairing and this may invalidate my warranty.

Should I return it back to road spec before collection by the BMW Service Centre?

Never had an issue with my wheel bearings.

With regards to the track fairings, I've had me race bike in a few times for warranty work and they have always been spot on. Guessing it depends on the dealer and the relationship you have with them.

Race Fairings

My track only S1000RR is routinely serviced by BMW without issue. You should have no problems at all.

The usage of the bike doesn't matter. Its the servicing/maintenance that does.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back