2015 exhaust options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do it on your phone mate if you get forum runner....couple of quid.. search for this forum on it.
Uploading images is easy.. it pretty much has all the functionality. Same as using a lappie or tablet. Hope that helps
Thanks..... Except I don't seem to be able to use it? It keeps saying urls are in use ? Not very technical lol

bike4_zpsyoanh2zg.jpg

bike1_zpswme3abpz.jpg

Wouldn't worry about c-strips. You don't need to lean a bike all the way over to be fast. It's not the hero status some think it is.

That Scorpion looks really good.

I was doing some reading on the 3rd gen bike last night and came across the following on the BMW website in relation to the end can:

The new rear silencer with dual flow results in increased torque within the lower engine speed range as well as an improvement in the charge cycle. This also reduces exhaust gas back pressure for increased power.

Does fitting an after market can not then reduce torque and power?

Separately, the other thing I noticed when using the online configurator is that when I went to the summary it clearly states 195BHP, which is less than the 198 the official tech specs suggest.

Any thoughts? Is that for the US market or something (with their less refined fuel perhaps?).

I was doing some reading on the 3rd gen bike last night and came across the following on the BMW website in relation to the end can:

The new rear silencer with dual flow results in increased torque within the lower engine speed range as well as an improvement in the charge cycle. This also reduces exhaust gas back pressure for increased power.

Does fitting an after market can not then reduce torque and power?

I've seen a thread where a guy with the Arrow Works slip-on had dyno results showing a 4bhp increase with the slip-on fitted. It had a 16bhp drop when he put the baffle in though.

according to the Scorpion site and YouTube clip when I brought it the bike they dyno'd went from 177.5 to 178.7 bhp not big gains but no losses

Yoshi R55 LE on evil bay 152072268405, not mine. ( sorry don't know how to put link up !! ).

I ordered the official Akra can when i bought mine. It was an effort to stop me from getting carried away with after market parts. A year on I'm wanting a full system, can't give a justifiable reason other than i just fancy one.

I guess you can buy the Arka downpipes to replace the stock ones? Does anyone know whether this will invalidate the warranty?

Akrapovič

It will only invalidate your warranty if you opt for the HP Racing Data Release and Mapping as BMW will require you to sign a disclaimer. Essentially you are acknowledging the fact that you have fitted race equipment and ECU mapping to the bike and that it is no longer considered suitable for road use. In essence it becomes a race bike. If you fit a full system, and a fuel management system like a Power Commander V, your warranty will remain intact.

Sounds like a Power Commander and dyno run is the way to go.

Cheers for the info guys.

Latest posts

Back