2015 DDC Suspension Tweaks For Pillion?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hi folks.....what tweaks (if any) are you guys doing to the suspension when taking a pillion? I'm around 90kg (with gear) so i've left my suspension/sag etc on factory settings. I'll only be riding with pillion the odd day or two....has anyone taken pillion without any suspension tweaks? What did the bike feel like? I'm far from a suspension guru so don't want to mess with it too much if i can avoid??! Cheers :)

In my opinion, the 2015 is over sprung, I have my preload backed right off, I am 90Kg without gear, wife is 66Kg without gear.

In sport mode, I have reduced the damping both Comp and Reb by 2 clicks as well, both front and rear.

We just did 10 days at the IoM TT with the above settings and found it to be a good compromise.

Race and slick are too much for a pillion, but that's just an opinion, others say they use slick all the time, in Race and Slick mode the suspension is harder.

I prefer Slick for trackdays, when I run Metzeler or Pirelli slicks.

In my opinion, the 2015 is over sprung, I have my preload backed right off, I am 90Kg without gear, wife is 66Kg without gear.

In sport mode, I have reduced the damping both Comp and Reb by 2 clicks as well, both front and rear.

We just did 10 days at the IoM TT with the above settings and found it to be a good compromise.

Race and slick are too much for a pillion, but that's just an opinion, others say they use slick all the time, in Race and Slick mode the suspension is harder.

I prefer Slick for trackdays, when I run Metzeler or Pirelli slicks.

Cheers... will give it a go ;-)

My other half goes pillion on my bike all the time, she's just over 9st (apparently), I'm a tad heavier... I leave mine in race mode on std suspension settings which has been absolutely fine for Sunday B road blasting right through to a 300 mile day trip. The DDC really makes a difference for the pillion v the previous model as its a much smoother ride - think you'll need a grab rail though if you're going to use any of the bikes performance

My other half goes pillion on my bike all the time, she's just over 9st (apparently), I'm a tad heavier... I leave mine in race mode on std suspension settings which has been absolutely fine for Sunday B road blasting right through to a 300 mile day trip. The DDC really makes a difference for the pillion v the previous model as its a much smoother ride - think you'll need a grab rail though if you're going to use any of the bikes performance

Cheers Mac...we're gonna head out on the bike tomorrow so will leave settings factory and see how it feels :) ...i hear you on the grab rail! ...I've bought an Oxford waistband thingy with pillion grab handles specially for this bike...way too much power to expect her to still be on the back when we get home! :wink-new:

Cheers guys....had a great day out on the bike 2 up yesterday....just left it in sport mode DDC +2 all round ...bike felt great and gets a huge thumbs up from my girlfriend...she couldn't believe how quick the bike is and actually said its lots more comfortable than both my previous bikes (2014 Fireblade and GSXR-750 K9) ....im guessing mostly due to the DDC soaking up all the bumps :)

Back