2010 Which Exhaust...?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpyduck

Reaction score
First general post so please be gentle :p

I'm possibly about to purchase a 2010 S1000RR that still has the standard exhaust fitted.

I want to replace it with an Akrapovic system, my questions are, which one and can they be fitted without any further modifications such as power commander etc...?

Thanks
GD

I have the Stubby Akravopic fitted with de-cat link pipe, Its loud! I opted for the ECU re-flash when i fitted my system as the bike ran pretty sh*tty.

I have the Stubby Akravopic fitted with de-cat link pipe, Its loud! I opted for the ECU re-flash when i fitted my system as the bike ran pretty sh*tty.

You'll have to explain ECU re-flash and surely you'd have to cut the standard pipe to fit a link pipe ?

GD

Yes, the standard headers were cut to fit the link pipe. ECU reflash was done at hilltop motorcycles Leicester, basically re configures the ECU to accommodate for the mods.

Hi GD,

I have this; https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/155?brandId=44&modelId=377&yearId=2076

I have a 2012 and it runs well without any form of remapping. Of the 'Racing' models you've mentioned I think 1 is just an updated version of the other. They are Stainless Steel and Carbon where as the Evolution have Ti headers for the saving of another Kg over stock. The Akro systems are well tuned for these bikes so don't need as much tuning adjustment as some others.

PCV's need secondary injector controllers on the S1000RR...which makes them more costly. Bazzaz Z-Fi's have 8 injector drivers as standard and so for doing a minor AFR adjustment like the change of an exhaust entails is a better option IMO. ECU reflash is usually not reversible. And you can't take it to another bike.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back