2010 & 2011 differences?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanRR

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone shed some light on this please, I've owned a 2010 s1000rr and just bought a 2011 model. What are the differences? I've heard the crank is different? Also, slick mode is selectable on the modes where as with my 2010 I had to fit the red connector to select it?

All info welcome, thanks

Heavier crank was fitted from July 2010. Different heel plates on the SwingArm.That's about it.I'm assuming your '11 is not an early '12.

Your '11 bike must already have the plug installed.

Is that good? When were the cosmetic differences made? Or arnt there any? Just in 2012 models?

They dropped the Acid Green and replaced it with Custard Yellow.M/sport and Thunder Grey remained.

All the changes came on the 2012.
Different side fairings,tail and seat.
Revised M/sport colour scheme,Thunder Grey got a matching tank and also a black swingarm. Other colours were Red/White and also a Bluefire.
Main changes were revised steering head angle and raised rear swingarm pivot and lighter and quicker throttle action and revised dtc/abs settings.Minor improvements to the suspension and an extra tooth on the rear sprocket.

is it possible to get any of the improvements installed? ie dtc\abs settings? or the quicker throttle action? at reasonable cost?

cheers for the help

Obviously that is something I'm interested in. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at exhausts and db screens. I quite like the Austin racing GP 2-3 as they are reasonably priced over the akra system and include the decat/link pipe for £500-£600

Has been mentioned in another thread. I really don't know where to start with modding my baby

2010,2011,2012,hp4 whatever just go down the stage 1 tune which most bikers do to any bike from new or standard set up. Then look into a proper set up for ur bike suspension blah blah blah,after all unless u track it can any of us really take it to the limits.i don't think I've tamed any bike I've had. Good days@bad that's motorcycling,

Latest posts

Back