200 tyre on standard wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sissymc7

Reaction score
Just fitted 200 m7rr to standard wheel on 2016 model hoping helps with the turning in . Anyone else done this if so what's your findings thanks

200 should turn slower than a 190, but it also depends on the old vs new profiles.

Bit extra height on rear bit more feel in the front I was thinking. If no good il revert back to 190 won't take long I go thru a rear every 4 wk

The m7rrs take a bit of wearing out, you'll be a first if you do them in 4 weeks :).

I know you have been struggling with the front from the many threads you have commented/started. Have you had the preload setup correctly? That does deal with a multitude of sins....

I've been on m7 for 3 year now 2000-2200 mileage I get in season I ride 600-750 every week no comuting no straight roads , I'm happy with that mileage

How do you do 700 miles a week with no commuting ?

I work split shifts so free 12-6 every day ride ride ride

HP Forged Wheels

Only 2015/16 bikes fitted with HP Forged wheels come supplied with a 200/55 rear tyre. Cast OEM wheels come fitted with a 190/55 as standard.

Last edited:
I'm ordering Hp 4 wheels 6" but wanted to see diff on standard rim first as assumed would tip bike in better

Newcastle to carter bar to Hawick to bonchester bridge to longtown to newcastleton to kielder to otterburn to home ,,, mid week run ,

I'd like to try your loop sometime :). Do you do it point to point on the main roads or go x country?

if your ever up this way lets know mate we will meet you have good day out,

Likewise, you're on, thanks! I come up to Northumberland from Leeds a few times each year. When I have the time I do Middleton - Alston - Bellingham - Rothbury - Alnwick. I have done a few days out from the east coast across to Kielder, Selkirk - Moffat and back round the top. I'll let you know the next time I come up. I will be doing all those roads 21-23 June with Alex. Thread here :

http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6464-Moffat-22nd-23rd-June-16&p=58745#post58745

Latest posts

Back