1st Service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been out for 1st ride after having 1st service done last w.end and would love to tell you how blown away bike the bike I was............

But the dealer failed to remove the rev limiter so still stuck at 9000rpm to say hacked of is an understatement, after a 150mile round trip and ?100 charge l still cant use the bikes full potential. spoke to deal and said they don't understand how it was not removed as part of the service list so now think if they have not done that have they missed anything else.

Has anyone else had that happen after there 1st service? the deal said they will come and collect it on Tue take it back to dealer then return it so another 150 mile round trip in the back of a van.

Dean

I read on the US forum that some limiters couldn't be lifted. Can't remember what the problem was, something to do with softwear? Mine is due its service soon and will be cheesed off if they can't lift it either.

Before the 1st service will the bike not rev over 9K? I never tried it myself - always shifting below 7K until it was serviced. However when I picked the bike up from the dealers after the first service the shift light was still set at 7K - I just changed that myself.

I even said to the mechanic can wait to give it a blast now the limiter is of when he gave me the bike back and he said have fun, so maybe he did take it of and there is a problem??
I am going to ask for a refund on the service and see what they say.

Dean

Before the 1st service will the bike not rev over 9K? I never tried it myself - always shifting below 7K until it was serviced. However when I picked the bike up from the dealers after the first service the shift light was still set at 7K - I just changed that myself.

Ye limited to 9k. it will not be a case of moving the rev limit shift light will it????

Dean

No. The Rev light is just that, doesn't stop you revving beyond.

interested to know if you can set the Rev light higher than the 9k limit pre service.

Last edited:
Did not think so was just hoping, think its bad that has to go all way back to dealers and they cant just jump in a car with a BMW laptop like what happens when my truck breaks down, if have forgot to remove it a think it a bit of crap service when they fitted the coded key for me in the service but may of forgot to remove the Limiter.
Dean

It's pretty annoying,almost dangerous having it limited, I was passing 4 cars on a straight when another car came over the brow. I had to give it the beans but hit the bloody limiter,got in ok but was a lot closer than I'd have liked.
Cant wait to get it off now.

It's pretty annoying,almost dangerous having it limited, I was passing 4 cars on a straight when another car came over the brow. I had to give it the beans but hit the bloody limiter,got in ok but was a lot closer than I'd have liked.
Cant wait to get it off now.
Ye real pain, worse when cornering and your feeding the power in and it just stops, also had mates coming up behind me then mine runs it to limiter ye is not the best thing.
Dean

I was out the other week on my pre reg 2014 s1000rr; I passed a bloke on a Gixxer 6 who was riding like miss daisy, only for him to be a straight line hero and blitz past me on a dual carriageway when I was stuck on the limiter.... I bet he was grinning from ear to ear...

Hahaha funny. I hate those guys, hold you up on the twisties then gun it on the straights. Tools.

Latest posts

Back