2017 rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Reaction score
Went for test ride on fully restricted demo bike . End result ave went an bought 1 . Even tho it was restricted to 9000 rpm an 127 mph and 16 degree front wheel lift well impressed

Went for test ride on fully restricted demo bike . End result ave went an bought 1 . Even tho it was restricted to 9000 rpm an 127 mph and 16 degree front wheel lift well impressed

Welcome to the club Duncs! I'm curious. How did you know 16 degree of lift? Do the '17 bikes now display front lift angle? The 15/16 bikes show lean but not lift.

Its the limit of lift in a given mode. But being mode related its nothing to do with the running in limits.

- Sent from Mobile

Its the limit of lift in a given mode. But being mode related its nothing to do with the running in limits.

- Sent from Mobile

I had test drive in Duudee , then went to Dalkeith an all my questions where answered in Dalkeith . So as far as lift angle this is not displayed on screen . I was informed that the lift angle remains the same so it's either on at 16 degrees or turn it off and so far their is not a programme that can change the 16 degree angle to hero degree as yet . Their may b a techno wizard on here tho 😉

I had test drive in Duudee , then went to Dalkeith an all my questions where answered in Dalkeith . So as far as lift angle this is not displayed on screen . I was informed that the lift angle remains the same so it's either on at 16 degrees or turn it off and so far their is not a programme that can change the 16 degree angle to hero degree as yet . Their may b a techno wizard on here tho 

It's only Slick and User mode where you can exceed those limits as the wheelie control is off for the former and I believe switchable for the latter depending on settings.

It's only Slick and User mode where you can exceed those limits as the wheelie control is off for the former and I believe switchable for the latter depending on settings.

I'm worried then that either my wheelie control is not functioning as intended or maybe the electronics are only designed to catch the unintended crest rises and the like, clearly electronics not being able to save the complete fools etc etc... But I have found the bike very sensitive to weight distribution, sit back slightly and take your weight off the bars and it will definitely rise more than 16 degrees in both sport and race under power in the right circumstances or with a slight tug in others. Clutch ups most definitely. I'm far from an expert but have been practicing a lot lately, and fairly recently my missus following me thought I was coming off the back at one point as I shat myself on one particular cack handed wheelie attempt. I was in sport. On that occasion I actually thought it was the anti wheelie that saved me, but from what I am hearing here maybe it was pure luck. More than 16 degrees is definitely possible in both modes if you are aggressive with it and maybe that's my lesson... get smoother, but if no one else is able to do that on their bikes when in their own internal "twat mode" then I need to get my electronics checked. I've always just assumed they were a safety net for those moments in normal riding and being aggressive (or cack handed which ever way you want to term it :) ) was the way to over ride that. Really interested now to see if there are others able to get their bikes up in those modes and give me some re-assurance my bike is functioning properly.

It can't defeat every situation - its designed for power wheelies that are unintentional/not helpful for making progress.

Hi Racer, not sure about the compatibility of modes from my 2013 HP4 but I've been smacked in the chest a couple of times when I've been aggressive with the throttle and hit a small bump in the road at the same time.
In either Sport or Race, I've never been in slick. Just kept the throttle wide open as to be honest I couldn't react quick enough. My mate was behind me on one occasion and said it was way up in the air and he thought I might flip. But it felt like landing the front wheel on a road made out of warm syrup it came down that smooth. Definitely more than 16 degrees but definitely the computer that brought it down.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back