Austin Racing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACSFX

Reaction score
Afternoon,

I'm after some advice, I've currently got a Leo Vince sbk system on my bike ('13)
The carbon hanger uses the pillion peg fixing point meaning I can fit the foot rests. Is there a way around this or is a new exhaust needed? If so is the Austin Racing GP a good one to go for? Thanks in advance.
Andy
ffd2d60912cd78e28b66b04903ebc396.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is it your trying to do ?..my can is mounted that way.. I ran a 10mil course tap into the rear of the peg and secured the strap with corresponding bolt... had a small SS extension knocked up which was required to line peg and strap up.

Stu

Sent from Galaxy S7

Thanks Stuart, have you got a picture?
So basically you're using the peg as a hanger?

Nipped out to garage.. freezing cold lol....
cdf703f968e7d8761e14f960eda0704d.jpg
107a7a9f4876480346d8d716a68b684b.jpg
1d44cf969981f13481d9d3dad43ca5d1.jpg
e98375558589ae156a16de12181dea27.jpg

Look at the RHS Hangar.. there should be a guide hole behind where the peg is located. Buy a good quality cutting tap like the one shown.

Get the hangar square in a vice and cut the thread..use some light oil, it will cut a treat.

Unfortunately you will have to get an extension made up. Mine is stainless 70 mil in length with drilled holes at 15 mil centres for the bolts. My rear brake lever fouls on the pipe as the extension is around 15 to 20 mil too short.

I never use my back brake so it doesnt bother me... but I can feel the footlever press against the pipe.

Its really quite easy, the only slight degree of difficulty is establishing how long the extension should be... im guessing 15 to 20mil on mine..

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Thanks mate that's awesome, I'm an engineer so taps etc aren't a problem. Think I've got some aluminium floating about somewhere for the extension.
Thanks for this, very appreciated. Andy

No bother Andy, you can't really see that 70 mil extension as the can/rest/hangar hides it.. I'd go around 85 to 90 mil then the footbrake lever won't foul. A piece of heavy gauge Alu will do just fine.

Cheers

Stuart

Latest posts

Back