2015 rider sag issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crag

Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else failed to set there sag within bmw's guide ?

I'm around 14 stone so an average weight yet iv had to wind the rear in all the way to just get into bmw's settings (in the manual) and cannot get any where the front settings. Am i missing something ?

Is it just me or has anyone else failed to set there sag within bmw's guide ?

I'm around 14 stone so an average weight yet iv had to wind the rear in all the way to just get into bmw's settings (in the manual) and cannot get any where the front settings. Am i missing something ?

Got the same issues with mine Crag. I took out a demo and loved it. The only thing I wasn't happy with, was that it was way too stiff and shook my bifocul glasses so much on very bumpy sections of road, that I had difficulty seeing the road ahead:concern: Got back to the dealers, told them about the problem (for Me) but told them I would be able to soften it up when I purchased mine and got it home. Imagine my shock and horror when I did get my new bike home, only to find the rear suspension preload fully wound out and only half a turn of adjustment left on the front fork to soften that up! I got back onto the dealers and told them of this. They got back to me and put me in touch with Firefox suspension of Keighley. They told me that they could re spring the bike to suit my weight and re valve it for about ?500. To cut a long story short, I decided to run the bike for a while to loosen up the suspension, lower the recommended tyre pressures by a couple of pounds and to set the electronic damping softer to try to make the suspension move. I've run the bike for a few weeks now and it does seem a bit better, though I'll not be convinced 'till the warmer weather gets here. I didn't fancy having the springs etc done because I would be worried about warranty issues in the future should anything go wrong with the electronics (perhaps someone on here could advise on this?) Just a thought Crag, you are checking your sag with the ignition turned on? I would have thought you wouldn't be too far away with yours as you are lucky to weigh 14 stone. I can just about get the rear sag on mine correct but not the front and I only weigh 12 stone fully kitted out.....

Got the same issues with mine Crag. I took out a demo and loved it. The only thing I wasn't happy with, was that it was way too stiff and shook my bifocul glasses so much on very bumpy sections of road, that I had difficulty seeing the road ahead:concern: Got back to the dealers, told them about the problem (for Me) but told them I would be able to soften it up when I purchased mine and got it home. Imagine my shock and horror when I did get my new bike home, only to find the rear suspension preload fully wound out and only half a turn of adjustment left on the front fork to soften that up! I got back onto the dealers and told them of this. They got back to me and put me in touch with Firefox suspension of Keighley. They told me that they could re spring the bike to suit my weight and re valve it for about ?500. To cut a long story short, I decided to run the bike for a while to loosen up the suspension, lower the recommended tyre pressures by a couple of pounds and to set the electronic damping softer to try to make the suspension move. I've run the bike for a few weeks now and it does seem a bit better, though I'll not be convinced 'till the warmer weather gets here. I didn't fancy having the springs etc done because I would be worried about warranty issues in the future should anything go wrong with the electronics (perhaps someone on here could advise on this?) Just a thought Crag, you are checking your sag with the ignition turned on? I would have thought you wouldn't be too far away with yours as you are lucky to weigh 14 stone. I can just about get the rear sag on mine correct but not the front and I only weigh 12 stone fully kitted out.....

hi only 300 mile on my 16 and thought from picking it up it was a bit stiff,checked rider sag at wk end and at around 12 st i only managed 6mm fr rider sag 11 rear although i need to verify as the wife did the tape work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tried winding off fr preload but after 1 flat of adjustment it was on the stop,rear the same are all these MAGIC CARPET ddc bikes the same ???

My understanding is that you should check the sag with the ignition ON as the DDC controls the valving. With the ignition off, my suspension is as stiff as.....

Latest posts

Back