Loud horn in small space

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone fitted a loud horn? What one and where. Is it impacted by the canbus system? Gonna be interesting if I do this and the HID kit!

I'm also interested in changing the feeble horn if poss?? Anyone tried to find room for this one?
http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Denali_Sound/Yamaha/FJR1300/DENTT-SB10100B/

I bought the non-split version for my 2014 Fireblade but there was no chance of finding any room to fit!! Maybe the split version could work tho??

Also, anyone else hate the horn latency on the 2015? Drives me mad...wtf?? BMW, how hard can it be to include a horn that sounds when you actually press it rather than 500ms later??

Also, anyone else hate the horn latency on the 2015? Drives me mad...wtf?? BMW, how hard can it be to include a horn that sounds when you actually press it rather than 500ms later??
That's the canbus wiring. Multi circuits on a wire. Same reason the flasher is delayed. I've ordered an FIAMM AM80 so will update when fitted. No need for a relay.

FIAMM AM80 sounds interesting.....hope it fits and yes would be great if you could give us an update when fitted? ;)

Ok so horn turned up today. Took off fairing to find this
unbelievable that there is a bespoke connector attached to the horn ffs!
going to phone the dealer to find out if I can snip the wires to change the horn over 😡

Accessory Socket

That accessory socket is a data port for the HP Infrared Receiver or 2D GPS Laptrigger.

The plug is attached to the wiring. The socket is on the horn itself. The datalogger port was behind it (looks like the slick plug port)

Got this part number from BMW

crimped spades onto end of yellow wires

fitted in place of other horn and tried various angles and this is only one that worked

Back